Universal Call of Duty: Strike Team (By Activision)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Sep 5, 2013.

1. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Oh...that's pretty big. I still might buy it for later download.

2. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    PaulED7 on the prev page questioned if the update fixed a crash issue with iPad 2 and 4s, but no one has responded. I'm seeing less and less updates that include support for anything older than iPhone 5 or iPad 3, which is sad because they should be powerful enough to run the game (and add option for lower resolution to improve framerate). Not sure what's been mentioned on earlier pages of this thread but u might want to surf it

3. PaulEd7

PaulEd7 Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    I took the plunge and bought this in the sale. 3 missions in, no crashing issues as of yet on 4S and iPad 2 but there have been some horrible frame rate issues in occasion. Not game breaking but definitely annoying.

4. Nemer

Nemer Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    College/Part job
    Far far away
    Yea its lags like crazy on 4S. First few missions were ok but after that its almost unplayable. Its weird because graphics aint that good.

5. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Weird. I responded, but now it's just not there. Maybe it never posted I guess. Anyway, playing on iPad 2 iOS 7 and no problems a couple missions into it. Really glad I took the plunge. This game's production value doesn't disappoint.

6. {SQUEEK}

{SQUEEK} Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Im sad. I got this for my ipad mini and it kicks me out everytime i try to play a mission.

I dont regret buying this, i will try installing it on my iphone 5. Im just regretting buying the mini. Have major issues with that device.

7. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Does this have multiplayer? I just bought it and played through the first sp mission. Seems like a really good game even without mp but I would find it odd that a cod game didn't have mp. I may just not be seeing it or do I have to sign up to the activision thing?

8. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    No multiplayer yet. I hope they will add maybe at least some co-op, but nothing yet.

9. 2 player coop would seem cool since there are 2 char if they could work it.

10. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    I figured I'd go ahead and leave some feedback on play with the Moga Power Ace controller.
    I've got to say things are definitely easier with a controller in-hand. I can't seem to be good with virtual FPS games because I'm used to having solid sticks and controls in my hands. So this is mostly a dream come true for me. With that said, there needs to be customization options.

1) the sensitivity setting is locked to a general 1-10 slider. It's waaaaay too loose. I'm on 3 of 10 and the vertical movement is manageable, but the horizontal movement is just too fast. It makes actually sighting enemies more of a chore than anything else (nigh impossible really). I resort to aim, fire, aim, fire (where aiming allows auto lock to the nearest enemy).

2) there needs to be an option to assign buttons. Right now, the L1 is assigned to view change, which is useless in survival as that is not a viewable option. Then, Y is mapped to planted explosives instead of weapon swap. In fact, with the gamepad, there's no way to access your secondary (that I've found) without running out of ammo on your primary.
    So, there's the gripes. I'm hopeful they'll add the option to customize the button layout, but most importantly a Y and X axis sensitivity option for the analog sticks. If I come across anything else that I might not be thinking of right now, I'll post back. I'm hopeful a Activision rep sees this as well.

11. ludka33

ludka33 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2013
    I have the same problem with my mini. Can't play at all. Very frustrating. I'd much rather play this on my mini than my 5s.

12. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    So sad about Blast Furnace... They did so well on this, and it was such a nice change to normal CoD. There goes any chance of Multiplayer... :(

13. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #493 Rip73, Mar 27, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
    Indeed, I was very disappointed at that myself as Blast Furnace was (is) a really talented team.

The responsibility for this game has been passed on to another team but I'm not holding out much hope of anything else happening with it.
    Pity really as its a solid game that had great potential as well.
    And obviously had a very talented team behind it that was willing to think outside the box.
    Very disappointing but the rumour was going around with a couple of months now so not too surprised but here's hoping they all find a new base.

14. DBrown519

DBrown519 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Environmental, Health, and Safety Fields
    Fullerton (Orange County), CA
    I like this game. I really was hoping for a multiplayer Call of Duty; especially Modern Warfare 2. We Need A Nuke!

15. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Holy crap.

Now, I know I'm late to the party. I picked this up during its first sale, and just now got around to installing and playing it. I'm completely blown away by the view switching and how seamlessly they made it work.

Pretty much everything that can be said about it has been said... But this right here is the first FPS on the iOS that I will enjoy playing from beginning to end. And I'm so stoked to get further into it...!!!

16. DBrown519

DBrown519 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Environmental, Health, and Safety Fields
    Fullerton (Orange County), CA
    Same here bro this is a very sweet good game.

17. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    I re-download the game to give one more play-through (was one of my favorites when first released) but keeps crashing after the splash video. I am trying to run this on iPad Air, latest iOS, not jb.
    I know is an old game that probably few still playing it but does anyone has notice the same crash?
    I m thinking that is an iOS8 compatibility issue maybe, because i haven't a single crash with all the other iOS versions.

18. PaulEd7

PaulEd7 Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    I'm currently playing through it on iPad Mini2, iOS 8.1.1. No problems at all.

19. ironsam80

Dec 14, 2010
    Hm interesting... I'll try to reinstalling one more time but i have already did this 2 times... Thanks for the feedback anyway :)

20. ironsam80

Dec 14, 2010
    Nope... Reinstall it and keeps crashing on splash video... Maybe is iPad (air?) with iOS8, compatibility issue because on my iPhone 5s with 8.1.1 play like a charm....