Do you guys think real gamers will embrace the app store and itouch

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Stirolak26, Oct 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stirolak26

Stirolak26 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Before they embrace 3d with glasses or waggle motion controls of playstation move and wii - or ill they embrace those first?

2. EMTKiNG

EMTKiNG Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    I'm embracing the app store more than my console right now that is until Black Ops comes out

3. Stirolak26

Sep 19, 2010
    Read this aqua moto racing 2 review:
    http://www.touchgen.net/aqua-moto-racing-2

At the end they clearly state this guy (now 99 cents) is the same quality as wave race we are used to paying 50 bucks for. How can even real gamers not acknowledge the revolution the app store created and how it brigade the gap between indie devs or anyone wanting to give development a try and expensive studios with monopolies on certain genres or gaming names? I mean just because the touch screen sucks for fps games doesn't mean it works even better for certain genres. Tilting racing games work better than some racing games on the analog IMO like realistic ones and ESP better than ones on the dpad like the ds only has.

4. Scaramoosh

Scaramoosh Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2010
    if it gets proper games like wow or cod

5. Pocket Legends / IMO / Other (?)
    COD Zombies

6. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I bought a Wii before I bought an iPod Touch, but the Wii... not so great. Playstation Move is fantastic though, and assuming they actually bring out some games for it I'll be playing that more often than my iPod.

7. f e a r l e s s

f e a r l e s s Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    #7 f e a r l e s s, Oct 25, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
    NES -> Owned it, loved it. Got old.
    GameBoy -> Own it, loved it. It's in a box somewhere and still works!
    SNES -> Owned it, loved it. Got old.
    N64 -> Owned it, loved it. Got old.
    PlayStation -> Owned it, loved it. Got old.
    PlayStation 2 -> Owned it, loved it. Got old.
    XBox360 -> Owned it, liked it. It broke.
    PSP -> Owned it, didn't like it. Returned it.
    iPhone 1 -> Own it, liked it. It's broke.
    iPod Touch 3GS -> Own it, love it. It's my baby!
    iPad -> Owned it, didn't like it. Returned it. I want it back, but 7"... maybe... :D
    iMac (2010) -> Owned it, didn't like it. Gave it to my Dad. Expensive internet browser.
    PC -> Get a new one or upgrade every other year or so since early '90s.... Love them! ...

Cool story short... The AppStore rocks! iPod Touch is the way to game for me!!! I spend more time gaming on it than my PCs.

Clarification: By "Got old" I mean the system got old with age, dust old, etc.

8. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Real gamers....*Hmmmm, how would U define real gamers?
    The set of PpL who played:
    Pong on a TV
    contra on the console?
    pinball on the mechanical table?
    the "duck hunt" with an air gun & a clay disc dispenser?
    the same duck hunt on the console on their TV without being worried about going that far with the physical air gun & a clay disc dispenser? (don't forget that they did that at the comfort of sitting on the couch)

from Dangerous dave, paratrooper, prince of persia, wolfenstein, duke,worms, GT, GTA to something as simple as paper toss, doodle jump, or angry birds on the iOS?
    (there are many more unmentioned gems)

There is no such thing like Real Gamers...

Just as fearless's siggy says.... to each, his own!

9. Problem is "Real Gamers" can't be restricted to old games like Pong. IMO, real gamers are those that play games (often on consoles) most of their leisure time and don't just play Angry Birds every Wednesday Lunchtime or something.

10. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    My gaming "career" started in the late 70's with Pong. Since then I've owned an Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Vectrex, GB, GBA, PS1, and a Dreamcast. I currently own a Gamecube, a DSxl, A PS3 and a Wii as well as a nice laptop and a decent desktop PC. Do I qualify as a "real" gamer?

I game more on the Iphone right now than any of the other systems. I play a fair bit of PS3, hardly ever turn the Wii on, and don't do much PC gaming lately at all. I'm really incredibly bored of the whole FPS genre - I think theres far less innovation in the avg FPS than there is in many of the top idevice games like Flight Control and Fruit Ninja.

11. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    #11 drelbs, Oct 25, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
    iPhone4 in my left shirt pocket, does that count enough as embraced?

Pong on a TV Check, and the arcade
    contra on the console? Check, multiple consoles
    pinball on the mechanical table? Check
    the "duck hunt" with an air gun & a clay disc dispenser? Does an actual rifle count? Check
    the same duck hunt on the console on their TV without being worried about going that far with the physical air gun & a clay disc dispenser? Check
    Wife is a little alarmed at his collection of 6 portable game systems, 9 consoles, 4 8-bit computers and 4 arcade cabinets and about a bazillion games for all of them? Check! ;)

12. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I agree with this statement, but I'd also add that real gamers are probably more appreciative of gaming history and the older consoles too. Which rules out f e a r l e s s and his "Got old" mentality. Absolutely everything gets old eventually, the point is they're fun to return to. That's what makes a favourite movie, book, album or game so special, the lasting appeal.

13. Go, Classics ;)

14. natedogg213

natedogg213 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Blogger
    Colorado
    I am a real gamer and have embraced the app store. I hope this answers your question.

15. Stirolak26

Sep 19, 2010
    Real gamers are those people posting on kotaku/joystiq/ign and instantly talking trash about the wii and idevices and making excuses why they don't need a reason to purchase an idevice or why a game should be on one of their systems that are established that they want instead.

16. Stirolak26

Sep 19, 2010
    THey do this about psp as well just not as bad anymore due to most of them owning onebynow. They truly only respect the ps3, 360, wii in terms of first party, pc and the ds though.

17. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Have they made a not-so casual game yet so the motion controller can be used like a wand for spells, or a light saber or something relative to it?
    That'd be cool if not.

And true gamers are always looking for other avenues of gameplay, so many more will find and embrace the Touch/Appstore, even over the newest and latest technology and/or gimmick. Real gamers know a good thing when seen and as said in a movie once........."they will come".:)

18. f e a r l e s s

f e a r l e s s Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    That can't be good for your health...

19. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    those aren;t real gamers. Those are dumb-asses...