iPhone Dungeon Hearts, my JRPG/Runner/Puzzle game!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Chris P, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Chris P

Chris P Member

Mar 20, 2012
    [​IMG]

Hello all! Dungeon Hearts is an iPad game I'm currently working on. It's still pretty early in development, but I've got some video of me playing it and explaining the gameplay here. The video quality isn't the greatest, but I wanted to show how the player interacts with the game on the device. You can skip to 7:00 if you just wanna see the gameplay without me explaining it.

Let me know what you think!

[​IMG]

2. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Thanks for posting the info about your game. The video looks very interesting and your design looks unique. I look forward to further posts.

3. Chris P

Chris P Member

Mar 20, 2012
  4. waxandwane

waxandwane Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2012
    #4 waxandwane, Mar 20, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
    This is very original :) definitely something I'd like to play, can't wait to see what else you've got in store!
    The gameplay seems very attractive so far, the appstore really needs games this unique :)
    My suggestion, if I may, would be to have different levels of effectiveness of the tokens, so when you can combine more than three tokens together you've got sort of a "+1" attack token that's stronger.
    Nice art too, by the way ;)

5. Chris P

Chris P Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Well, moving tokens of the same color onto the same row/column as the strike token before you activate it essentially does add a +1 to the attack for each one. But I get what you're saying, people like making big combos :D I'll put some thought into this, since you're not the first person to mention it. Thanks for the feedback!

6. MeteorFlare

MeteorFlare Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    cool!

looking forward to more updates / pictures!

7. Chris P

Chris P Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Here's another background:

[​IMG]