Rolando-Awesome New Trailer!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by SLDROFHLA, Dec 17, 2008.

1. SLDROFHLA

SLDROFHLA Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2008
    #1 SLDROFHLA, Dec 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2008
    has everyone seen the new trailer on rolando.ngmoco.com, it is awesome! cannot wait, 13 hours or so, yes!

2. SLDROFHLA

SLDROFHLA Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2008
    thanks salsamd, for embedding it! I should have done that, but oh well.

3. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    god damn it!

the new trailer looks awesome!!!

2 things i kinda hate but will see with the game:
    1) rolandos doesnt deform in shape when they jump or hit walls unlike loco rocos
    2) they cant dissolve and undissolve together... where oh where is my circle button. lolz

4. Spindler

Spindler Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2008
    This. Game. Looks. Awesome.

That is all.

5. tosui

tosui Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    Good, cause I was afraid there wouldn't be any hype about this release :D (yes, sarcasm!)

So why hasn't anyone released a "days to Rolando" app? I bet it would sell!

Arn, can we get a little clock on the home page, showing some sort of countdown?? (Yeah, this isn't sarcasm. I'm staying up however late tonight to get it, and them I'm staying up some more to play it!!) (Really!)

6. minmin_i

minmin_i Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    is it new?

cute. little big planet like

7. SydneyS

SydneyS Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Student/Classroom Aide
    Philadelphia
    #7 SydneyS, Dec 17, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2008
    I really can't wait! This trailer looks really good, I hope there are as many gameplay hours as it seems! I'm really sick of games I beat in an hour or two.
    :p I have a feeling that I wont pay attention in classes tomorrow!

8. Chase

Chase Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    Ugh... ngmoco, please stop.

I'm tired of peeing myself.

9. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Looks ok but not so great that it deserves the frickin hype. :rolleyes:

10. superbad

Nov 6, 2008
    You need to stalk me?
    you played loco roco?

it's comparable to the hype we get re: NFS, sim city etc. if you havent played any of these games, you dont FEEL the hype.

and yeah.. this isnt loco roco but it's pretty damn close. :D

11. madsoul

madsoul Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    how the hell do you know without being able to test the game?

12. Chiller ONE

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    How the hell do you guys know its so great without being able to test the game?

Just because this game is a total rip-off of Loco Roco doesn't mean it deserves the hype.

Who are you anyways? Neil Youngs mum or something? :confused:

13. Hey SuperBad...

Rolando is Rolando, not Loco-Roco - so I'd expect a lot of things to be very different in our game...

Thanks for your support & not sure if your sig. is directed @ us, but we do listen to all the comments that are sent to ngmoco:)

--- Neil.

--- Neil

14. madsoul

madsoul Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    hehe. i loved loco roco. this game might have a familiar art style, but its not the same game. get over it.

it looks very well made and well programmed from what i have seen. why do you act like you hate this game allready? why cant the game deserve the hype based on that it looks damn good?

pretty hard to be Neils mum since im not even female.

15. Chiller ONE

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    You got that all wrong.
    I don't hate this game, I'm just saying that maybe, just maybe it isn't as good as the hype suggests. I mean the hype is so frickin big, It can't possibly live up to that. Or can it? ;)

So I'm not gonna buy this at launch, I'm gonna wait for the reviews from here, Slide to Play and Pocketgamer (IGN Wireless sucks), maybe wait for a price drop and then we'll see.

16. superbad

Nov 6, 2008
    You need to stalk me?
    no.. dont worry about that. it's just a comment coming from a loco roco addict. the funky-ness of rolando is what got me into it in the first place. and sorry if im parading with a banner rolando = loco roco.

actually the non ability to merge the rolandos would be better in terms of difficulty. i also like that the video says, a heroes step up meaning one rolando HAS to be a guide!

umm. regarding the siggy. dont worry about it. those devs know who they are and still wont say anything to me. so whatever.

PS. im the same SUPERBAD as the MAZEFINGER SUPERBAD. thanks for the shout out on ngmoco.com. and say hi to all the ngmoco peep.s

i heart ng:moco. :p

17. Lunchbox

Lunchbox Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    i think alot of the reason its getting such big hype is because it looks like a "real" game like on consoles and seems its a game tthats couldnt be couldn't happen on any other console,
    and it looks clever, not just tapping buttons or tilting you do everything from command balls to using obstacles

just my opinion :rolleyes:

18. CSNY... my favorite band of all time ^_^

19. IzzyNobre

IzzyNobre Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    My girlfriend was a huge fan of locoroco, she'll love this. I just bought her an iPod touch 2G for Christmas :D

20. superbad

Nov 6, 2008
    You need to stalk me?
    exactly.

this is the SOLE reason why loco roco is so successful on the PSP. it uses the left and right button as the main controls. sure, a regular PSX console has the L and R on the controller but it doesnt have the small portable screen that comes with PSP