Games that run well on iPhone 4

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by dariusjr98, Dec 25, 2013.

1. Hey TouchArcaders, I have 10 dollars on my iTunes account, and I'm looking for some games that would run well on an iPhone 4.

I have a ton of games on my AppShopper wishlist, most of which I hold back on getting because they probably wouldn't run well on my iPhone 4.

I also have to take leftover memory into account. I have about 385MB available, but I'm willing to free up some space.

So with that in mind, what would you recommend? It doesn't have to be a new game at all, and I also don't plan to spend all $10 at once.

I want to get Dead Effect, how is its performance? Pixel Gun 3D also looks decent, is that any good?

2. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Get - Army of Darkness Defence. Runs like a dream on iPhone 4

3. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Angry Birds series...

4. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    DEAD EFFECT have an option for Graphic effects,Low-Medium-High-Extreme,extreme it's only for A6,A7 chip,if you run Dead Effect on low or medium,I think it's well playable..

5. I already have all of them on my purchase history. C'mon, I'm looking for some real answers.

6. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Well, then you should list your purchase history. How else would we know what you had bought?

7. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    #7 vii-Lucky, Dec 25, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2013
    Stay relevant to the topic.

There are many Games on sale listed on this thread
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=212899

you can always ask for a refund if the game doesn't play well on your iPhone.

8. Thanks, but I've never needed to get a refund. How does it work? Is it instant?

9. jar0d

jar0d Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Europe
    Reckless Racing 1 and 2
    Draw Race 2

10. I think...I have the second. I don't remember.

Oooh! Forgot all about Dead Space! I've been wanting that for a while. How well does it run on iPhone 4?

11. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Repulze runs surprisingly well
    the upcoming Jet Car Stunts 2 will run on iPhone 4

12. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter
    Kinetic Damage
    Star Battlion
    Zombie Infection (Search Gameloft instead of the name)
    Bionic Surfer
    Rico
    Hack RUN
    Xenome
    Gangstar Miami
    GTA III
    IB
    Mecho Wars HD
    KODP
    Ascendancy
    Shadowgun
    9mm
    Hero of Sparta 2
    Indigo Lake
    Japanese Werewolf
    Swordigo
    Soulcalibur

Thats my list for now.

13. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Dead space runs at 60fps on iphone 4. It's cool unless you've played the console versions. Anyway, if you're into brawlers, "OMG Pirates! " runs well. Anything by Mika mobile, actually. Apocalypse Max,kingdom rush, modern combat, etc. what kind of games so you play?

14. Funny you mention the console versions. I just got the first Dead Space for Christmas, and I played 3 almost to the end at my cousins'.

I liked Zombieville USA 2 even though it was a grind-fest. I'm willing to try Mika Mobile's other games.

I've played and beat Apocalypse Max, I loved that game. I also have Kingdom Rush, but not Frontiers. I have MC3, but I don't play it anymore. I have all the NOVAs, but haven't played 3 for obvious reasons.

I mostly play action games, but I'm honestly willing to try anything. I don't set myself to just play one genre exclusively.

15. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    You don't have DEAD SPACE?
    DEAD SPACE it's The best TPS in app store,I play on iPhone 4,was run smooth,but after they update for iPhone 5,some users report framerate issues on a 4 gen devices,i never play it again after The last update..i play only on iPhone 5,but on my old iPhone 4 was the best experience game of all time DEAD SPACE: was run smooth,no lag,no crash..

16. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    ME: Infiltrator is a better TPS than deadspace.
    It controls nicely, focuses on action, and is real nice.

17. I have that and beat it. That game was awesome, and very underrated.

18. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    What about my earlier list in this thread? Check any of em out?

19. #19 dariusjr98, Dec 25, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2013
    Oh, I'm sorry.