i want to sale all my games(including code, develop tools)

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by adot777, Jun 20, 2010.

1. adot777

adot777 Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    #1 adot777, Jun 20, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
    hi, i have developed games more than one year for AppStore, but it's seem too hard get success. so i just want to sale all my games, including code,relative tools.

if you have interested in this games please pm me.

1. Retro Fighter( Featured DEC.2009)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2.Elements 2012 USA
    [​IMG][​IMG]

3. HOOK ME
    [​IMG]

4. Gump down( Chipmunk physic engine)
    [​IMG]

5. stick hero
    [​IMG]][​IMG]

6.blurst
    [​IMG][​IMG]

7. All in on: Funny gif animation for email
    [​IMG][​IMG]

8.crazy soccer (BOX2D physic engine)

note: all of these games base on a 2d game engine(COCOS2D)

and i have three game making tools: Scene& Map Layout editor, 2d Particleeditor, action Editor.

and i plan to sale them independently.

more detail about my games on sale on appstore, please check following:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/adot-studio/id310392600

or our website
    http://adotstudio.appspot.com/

2. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    You must be kidding us!!
    $99 is all tht you have to spend as the current running expediture & tht is for a year!

3. adot777

Aug 19, 2009
    i just want to sale my game's code~~~but i dont known why you say: i'm kidding you...

4. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Hey adot777 -

Sorry that things are not working for you. You have some great apps out there. I am not a dev, just saw the post.
    I take Ultimo's post to mean that it only costs $99 for the year, so why sell it? If you make that much in a year, it pays for itself.

But, I can understand wanting to just be rid of things, get some working capital, and move onto some other things. I wish you the best, and hope for good success.

5. He already has a dev's license and has published games. I can't tell if he wants to completely get out of the app business or just wants to sell the code and tools to make extra money to other aspiring devs who want to learn from them, but either way that's what he's doing.

6. demarca

demarca Active Member

May 29, 2010
    I can tell (as a micro-dev), that making few hundred $ a year can be very frustrating, especially if you put a lot of time and effort into it. I think the only way in such situations is to treat that as a hobby (at least that's what I'm doing).

So adot777, if you have other sources of income, think about it and maybe decide to keep enlarging the group of good AppStore games, as a hobbyist :)

Marek

7. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    In tht case... he just has to check his iTunes connect account every once in a while... No? :rolleyes:
    Why even Bothr to sell somethin' which is already set-up & running?

As a hobby, a few 100$s is actually a gr8 thing!
    I know PpL who do not Have photography skills buy expensive equip. & go snap snap!
    Just to satisfy their hobby craving, tht does not pay ANYTHING, it is an expensive hobby with NO returns... @least not even half of it is returned in a year.... naeh?

8. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I agree 100% with you Marek - I was attempting to interpret what Ultimo's post was intending. I know that adot777 is not a native English speaker.

9. adot777

Aug 19, 2009

hoho...your are right, i'm not a native English speaker~~~:)

10. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Well, you do better with English than a lot of people who ARE native English speakers... and way better than I would do with what ever your native language is -since I speak only English, and a smattering of Spanish...

11. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    So... U r not quitting... Right? :)

12. Erik32

Erik32 Member

Feb 9, 2009
    I assume you saw the post right next to this one titled "All developers please read" where the poster is looking to buy existing games.

13. xother

xother Active Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Could you list the features of the tools you've made? Would be nice to know what your scene & map layout editor can do in comparison to tiled, same for the particle editor in comparison to the existing particle editor. I'm also wondering what your action editor can do.

14. adot777

Aug 19, 2009
    yeah~~~

15. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    THAT is the spirit! :)