Turret Wars ... Out soon!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by seonr, May 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seonr

seonr Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Well, after a very successful release of Tankz for iPhone/Touch, I am now happy to share what's coming next from Sector3 Games.

It's been a hit game on the desktop, and now Turret Wars iPhone v1.0 is almost ready for release.

[​IMG]

Turret Wars is a Realtime (and now also turn based) single player 3D action turret against turret battle game, where the philosophy, "Kill or be killed" has never been truer!

[​IMG]

Play one of 4 different Turret Types (more to be released in future updates) against up to 7 random CPU turrets on any of 6 amazing levels.

There are FOUR difficulty levels (Beginner, Advanced, Expert & Insane) as well as a practice mode (for those that need the target practice!).

In higher difficulty levels, the wind factor increases dramatically effecting bomb trajectories for all turrets on the level.

You have unlimited bombs, plus there are Nukes and Homing missile bunkers to shoot that will award you some extra firepower.

There are also shield bunkers, health bunkers and a comms tower to find and destroy.

Enemy bombers fly overhead dropping devastating bombs on the play-field effecting all in an expanding explosion radius.

Also, in Expert and Insane difficulties, when a CPU turret is destroyed, a drop ship flies in and spawns a new one in a random location near the destroyed turret, so 7 enemies can easily turn into 14, or more!

Turret Wars has Global online scores and a comprehensive Global ranks system.

More info and screenies to come soon :)

2. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Looks good, you got a video?

3. seonr

seonr Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    No, not yet, but soon. I will keep posting more info to this thread as development finishes off, including a final feature list, more screen grabs and of course a gameplay video :)

4. Shocked

Shocked Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Looks beast, my card has been depleted very badfully thisvlast week.. :)

5. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Looks really fun! I might get this

6. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    What is the timing for this?

7. redsoxsrule424

redsoxsrule424 Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Im going to definitely pick this up!

8. seonr

seonr Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Final development and QA should be wrapped up in about 2 weeks (or less) and then its just a mater of submission/approval time.

It was closer, but I decided to add more levels :) never a bad thing!

9. Shocked

Apr 19, 2009
    You just try and cram as much in the first release as you can, I like that. :)

10. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    This looks good. But I'm curious, seonr, do you have any plans to port StuntMania? That was a fun game :)

11. seonr

seonr Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Yeah, that's what I figured most people would think :) But I still need to leave some goodies for the first update...

12. redsoxsrule424

Apr 18, 2009
    So around three weeks total for release, im guessing.

13. seonr

seonr Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    I have a working proto-type of StuntMANIA on my dev iPhone at the moment :)

No timeframe announcements on this though... I have a long list of games I am at various stages in development on, some existing desktop titles, and some new titles... and it's just me, so between occasionally saying hi to my wife, reminding her she has a husband, and tickling my 8 month old daughter, and *some* sleep... there is only 22 hours left in each day !

14. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    Awesome, good to hear. No rush or anything :)

15. redsoxsrule424

Apr 18, 2009
    Sounds like you're working overtime, why don't you take a break. We can handle the wait!

16. Shocked

Apr 19, 2009
    How many games have you made Seonr? I thought you were just some new guy :)

17. seonr

seonr Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Well, Circuit Defenders was my first iPhone game (about to go to version 2.0 with an amazing update list)...

Tankz and Turret Wars being my second and third... but I have been making Desktop (Mac & Pc) games for a few years now. Check my SIG for the URL to my website.

I currently have 2 more iPhone games in development, and a new desktop game too (that might make it to the iPhone one day)

I guess in real terms, I am kind of a newbie... but thats ok... you have to start somewhere!

18. Shocked

Apr 19, 2009
    Cool. Not one for buying desktop games though.

Stuntmania sounds fun. Would love to see the prototype :)

19. redsoxsrule424

Apr 18, 2009
    Really I didn't know you made those games! They are pretty good!

20. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    you can download the demo of the computer version from his site. It's pretty fun.