SEI - A Great little word game [Beta Test]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Clockworkapps, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Clockworkapps

Clockworkapps Well-Known Member

#1 Clockworkapps, Jul 2, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2011
    Hi all

I have a new iPhone game ready for beta testing and have put it on ibetatest.com.

Its like Scrabble and Tetris have had a mutant child.
    Words with Aliens
    Having words with yourself.....

SEI: Search for Earthly Intelligence. Representatives of the Galactic Council want to test our Intelligence and allocate Solar Systems based on how well we perform! They are testing you to see how many words you know and will allocate Entire Solar Systems if you perform well. Earth needs you!

SEI is a fun word game where random letters come cascading down the screen and you have to make words out of them. Simple but great fun.

Head over to http://ibetatest.com/iphone/controllers/apps/?appId=778

to sign up!

Thanks

Tony

2. Clockworkapps

now with video

added sneak preview gameplay video above

3. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
  4. sunaitis

sunaitis Active Member

Apr 4, 2010
    Teacher Trainer
    Finland
    Search for Earthly Intelligence is the funniest theme for this little word game! You succeeded in making me smile. Since I'm not much of a gamer (played Tiny Wings for hours though, thanks for the hint!), I don't know, if I'd be a good beta tester. However, I registered to iBetatest, but didn't yet fill in my device info, so I still couldn't apply to test this. One of these days I'll try and find time to fill in the necessary info.

Sunaitis

5. Clockworkapps

I think they key to a good beta tester is feedback. Lots of testers don't seem to actually feedback to the developer. We are just after player's opinions so technical skill or experience isn't so relevant. Just feedback.

So I think you would make a great beta testers...

Just a quick note.. we are closing applications for beta testers after the weekend so if you want "in" you need to do it now.

So far we have had very positive comments on the game. People are liking it a lot. And finding it quite addictive.. (which is good)..

Thanks

Tony

6. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    Is there a way to apply outside of this website? Interested, but not sure I want to sign up for something I have not heard of.

7. Clockworkapps

#7 Clockworkapps, Jul 8, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2011
    yep sure. Just message me with your UDID and I can add you in and provide a download location for the app.

First time I used ibetatest and it seems ok... little complicated in some places but ok.

8. sunaitis

sunaitis Active Member

Apr 4, 2010
    Teacher Trainer
    Finland
    Uups,
    I was gone for the weekend and noticed first now that you had closed applications (originally I couldn't apply, because I thought that finding my UDID would be a big deal, which it wasn't!). I'll PM you my UDID, if you still need testers!

Good luck
    Sunaitis

9. strayrobot1

strayrobot1 Active Member

Ha, looks like an awesome game idea. If you need more fresh eyes I might be able to do a spot of testing.

10. Clockworkapps

Thanks to all the Beta Testers

I just wanted to say publicly, Thanks to my Beta Testers.

They have been fantastic and really helped me with my game. It has changed in leaps and bounds.

I would never have gotten anywhere near as good a final product without their input and advice.

I will never again make a game without using Beta Testers!!!

ps here is a gameplay video to give you an idea of how much better the game got!