Little talk of Myst?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Dily, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Dily

Dily Active Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Hi all,

When browsing these boards, I rarely see Myst mentioned at all -- it hardly ever seems to appear in the "must have" threads, or anything like that. Is there a particular reason why people seem to avoid it? I know its memory heavy, but is there something more? I want to know if there's a huge reason to avoid before I buy it...

2. astrosaurus

astrosaurus Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Designer/Blogger
    Portland, OR
    I've noticed that usually the games that make the "best games ever" lists are new original IPs or were at least built for the platform from the ground up. I don't know, I've heard nothing but great things about it though, you should be good with the purchase :D

I really can't believe it's 727 MB though! Insane.

3. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Yeah as much hype as there was about it (well amongst the people who knew what it was) I thought it would have been more talked about too. I've never really been interested in the game itself, but I have heard nothing but wonderful things for those who like it. i don't think you'll be dissatisfied with your purchase. Lots of time to kill on it.

4. florbastang

florbastang Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Because here at TouchArcade, games that are more than 2 weeks old are forgotten about.

5. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    LOL so true =P

6. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
  7. gekkota

gekkota Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    For people who like adventure games, Myst is a great choice. It's a wonderful game.
    On this forum, games are discussed ad nauseum for the first few weeks they are out, and then everyone seems to move on to the next new game. It's not a reflection on the quality of the game itself. It has more to do with the demographic of the posters on this forum...my guess is that the majority of posters here are 13-17 years old.
    Not that there's anything wrong with that! :rolleyes: