Universal Ski Safari - (by Defiant Development)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Apr 25, 2012.

1. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    That must be gorgeous on an iPad 3. That walking hand is fun to watch. And there is yet another slope coming soon. One of the best dollars I ever spent (and 2 more for the coin doubler :p)

2. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    This update is freakin awesome (no pun intended) visually stunning! This is such a great game, an iOS must have IMO.

3. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    I wish Apple could give us the choice to rate 1 app with 10 stars... Ski Safari forever

4. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Thank you for the update. Any idea when/if achievements will be implemented through Game Center?

Thanks again. :)

5. Filing Cabinet

Filing Cabinet Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2011
    This game is fantastic, I regret not buying it earlier.

definitely a must have if you're a fan of endless runners, and i'm surprised this isn't more well known.

right mix of fun, nice visuals and challenges

also the halloween update is quite awesome, loving the new slope.

6. Mezito

Mezito New Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Awesome game but iCloud issues still not fixed. Had to clean restore iPad and once SS was installed I had lost all my progress. Not a big deal but about 5 dollars lost from IAP.

7. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    You can restore your purchases and get those coins/coin doubler. There should be a "restore purchases" button somewhere

8. morganj

morganj Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Free

Ski Safari is free on iOS for the next few days as we warm up for our big Christmas update. If you haven't checked it out yet - nows the time!

9. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    No it isn't :(

10. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Give it some time...

BTW, Ski Safari is awesome. One of my favorite endless titles on the iOS.

Also, Rocket Bunnies, one of their other titles, is one of maybe 3 games I've bought twice (because of a re-release) - definitely worth checking out as well.

11. morganj

morganj Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Takes a while to propagate through the system to all territories. Will definitely be free in the next 24 hours, but should be quicker.

12. My niece is going to be happy, she wanted the game last time she played my ipad, so I called her mom and told her to download it. She'll be really happy.

13. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    On my Top5 games overall, a joy to play, fun, extremely well done... dont download it free, buy it

14. Ickon

Ickon Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    When you are in the shop, the different slopes and characters have stars above them.
    Do you know what they represent?

Also it is taking me forever to earn coins... Is there any tricks to it? :s

15. CzarCastic

CzarCastic Well-Known Member

Yeah. Buy them. :p

16. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Stars represent different missions. Most of the things on the shop has objectives attached to them... And as for the coins, the game is full of them, buy the Coin Doubler, its a great deal and coins will pour in... after all, this game deserves that and more :)

17. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Another update, 1.4 which brings:

18. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    This game is fun and I bought the coin doubler, but it still takes a long time to earn enough coins to buy anything. Still a very addicting game. I've been playing it a lot.

19. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Heh, if you think it still takes a long time to earn coins, go play Endless Road. In that one it takes forever to get the 14,000 coins for the x2 van (and no coin doubler IAP... :()

20. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    I'm pretty sure I encountered a bug with the challenges because of the iCloud sync: I purchased the halloween level and played it on my iPhone with some specific challenges popping up, I later switched to my iPad and those challenges disappeared reverting to the general ones. Switching back to my iPhone the specific challenges were gone as well :( anybody else experience this? Is a fix possibly coming?