Why is UK always last?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by NeonVoidJP, Aug 24, 2012.

1. NeonVoidJP

NeonVoidJP Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    So there's been a couple games that I have added to my watch list e.g 'the Simpsons tapped out' and 'Jurassic park builder' which I have been notified that they have been released, only to find that when I click on them to take me to the app store I get message stating that 'the request could not be completed' (or something to that effect) is it just me or is the UK a little behind?? I can't seem to find any news anywhere?

P.S these aren't the only two games that I have this problem with there are a couple of other titles I've been after for a while and still can't seem to get them in the UK

2. skeletonlord

skeletonlord Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2012
    United Kingdom
    I know that Simpsons Tapped Out had to be pulled from the app store because of some bugs that needed to be fixed. From my knowledge, TSTO is now back on the app store, but I cannot find it even when searching. The same thing must of happened the Jurassic Park Builder.

The UK always get a new release a day later as well. That is quite annoying. I can say this because I am in the United Kingdom also.

3. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    The UK get most new releases before the US due to our time zone being several hours ahead. I'm not sure where you get the idea that the UK get games a day later.

4. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    NZ threads maybe?

Often games will be posted here on TA before they hit the US, and there are some limited releases (Canada-only, for example).

5. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    #5 Candykiller, Aug 24, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
    Oh yes, I understand that. We don't get too bad a deal in the UK, though. The US have to wait even longer. I guess I was referring to the thread title. We're not "always last."

6. NeonVoidJP

Jul 18, 2012
    Maybe so, but still I want these titles now! Haha. Especially 'Tapped Out' which is still not available on the UK app store but has been available in the US again for some time now.

7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    #7 psj3809, Aug 29, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
    I thought the UK only gets games later due to the timezones and nothing else. NZ gets the games first when its 00.00am in NZ, we get them when its 00.00 in the UK.

It seems quite common now for companies to 'test' their games in Canada rather than NZ.

It does annoy me when games are released just for one region, eg a classic arcade game (Penguin Kun Wars) i found on itunes, but its only for the US and wouldnt let me buy it in the UK store. Emailed the company but they didnt seem interested in allowing the game in other regions. Does it cost companies more money to have their games in every 'zone' ? Didnt think it did.

8. gamer234

gamer234 Member

Aug 29, 2012
    arcade gamer
    i live in the uk to and i think game developers are valuing other countries more highly now to sell games to and think people from England are now poor?

9. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Ehhh ? People in England are poor ?

All it is is that games come out at midnight, New Zealand are ahead of the UK so get the games early thats all. Nothing to do with 'poor' people in England who cant afford 69p games etc ;)

By the way whats your signature about ? I clicked on it and Malware Anti-bytes went crazy

10. NeonVoidJP

Jul 18, 2012
    Well how come titles such as the aforementioned 'tapped out' still aren't in the uk but have been available in the US for a couple weeks now?? As I also mentioned previously this is not the only title, but it's the one I'm most eager to see #

11. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

Its rubbish dont bother with it-got pulled due to EA servers being sucky just like the game-steer clear plz for your own good.... May be out in US now to test new servers and roll out in few weeks?

12. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Name 1 other. Seriously. Stuff comes out in one of two ways usually. Either it sweeps the globe east to west over a 24 hour period starting in new Zealand, or it releases simultaneously everywhere. I have no idea why they never rereleased The Simpsons Go Freemium in the UK, but it's a unique example afaik. I would guess its maybe a mistake or possibly they decided after rerelease to target only markets that spend a lot on IAP and like the Simpsons and maybe the UK didn't make the cut.

13. NeonVoidJP

Jul 18, 2012
    Jurassic park builder. I quite like the 'tapped out' game, I downloaded it before it got pulled from the app store on my iPod touch and played for a while, then I got my iPhone after it had been pulled and couldn't download it. Anyway it's back on the app store in the uk and has been for about 5 hours now.

14. NeonVoidJP

Jul 18, 2012
    Battlefield 3: Aftershock
    Magic 2013

Just a few more to prove my point a little more

15. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Well excellent job illustrating it. You guys really do always get stuff last. I mean geez that's like 3 apps. While here in the US there are only like 650,000 that we got after you guys aready had them. You really do have it rough across the pond there.

16. NeonVoidJP

Jul 18, 2012
    So do you really want me to list every single title not available over here then?? Seriously I have better things to do then waste my time explaining myself to you, I wasn't looking for an arguement, I was clearly just asking a simple question! There is always one! Grow up!

17. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Yes if you want to make such a grandiose statement, you'd better be able to back itup. The FACT is that you get way more games before the US than you get after. Therefore the title of this thread is ridiculous. If you want to start a new thread called "Why do a handful of crap freemium games come out later in the UK", that would be fine, though I'm not sure why you care. Most likely it's licensing issues since all of these are major properties (Simpsons, Jurassic Park, MTG) probably with different licensees in different regions.