Best tank and mech games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by coolpepper43, Jan 14, 2015.

1. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    What are some of the best PREMIUM tank and mech games?

2. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    That would be world of tanks.

You might want to be a little more specific. Like rts or turn based or fps. Unless you have no preference.

3. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I am looking for premium tank and mech games that are action or simulation based. Wold of tanks is freemium. Any good paid premium?

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Sadly these are hugely underrepresented genre on the appstore. Fortunately there are these fantastic premium titles, hopefully you'll like them. The mecha titles may not be the mech-type games you're looking for, but i recommend checking them out.

Tanks: Battle Supremacy
    Mechs: Liberation Maiden, Ex Zeus 2

5. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Thank you!! I'll check them out later.

6. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Having a lot of fun playing Tanktastic.

7. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    #7 drelbs, Jan 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
    Love tank & Mech games, and I haven't played many good ones on ANY platform for some time. (I miss staying late Friday nights at work playing Mechwarrior 4 with about a dozen people, complete with CH Flightstick/Throttle/Pedals...)

Looking at the "Tanks" folder on my iPhone I see Battle for Cydonia, Panzer Panic, Little Tank that Could, Lead Wars, Vector Tanks and NanoTank.

I know there was a decent mech game that came out at the same time as Cydonia, EDIT: Heavy Mach 2

iMech is long gone. S.A.M. or M.A.X. or whatever had a mech in it, but was a so-so gamesalad adventure game.

Never played Laminar Research's Giant Fighting Robots on iOS, but on PC it was... interesting. :) Great sim, not a lot to do though.

Domark's old PC title Tank Commander was probably my favorite PC tank game of all time. Imagine that with today's graphics, networked with different people operating different parts of the tank. On iOS, the main player could airplay their screen to the TV, others would have controls/tactical on their screens and play accordingly...

8. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Oh yeah, i forgot to consider the top-down tank and mech titles. I was just assuming Coolpep was looking for something close to a sim.

9. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #9 Exact-Psience, Jan 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
    I also forgot about Mech Pilot. Kinda hated the controls due to the on-rails nature of the game though. Kinda sad coz i couldnt get into it.

EDIT: And MetalWars 3 was pretty decent.

10. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Wow thanks for thinking of me. You brought up a thread that I created about a year ago today.#

11. Stronsay

Stronsay Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2015
    Now it's time to add Hex Mechs. Great value for a dollar, if you like the tactical wargaming style.