What's the best game you recommend for $0.99?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Kunning, Sep 19, 2009.

1. Kunning

Kunning Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2009
    I want to know what's THE BEST game that you guys have played that's currently $0.99! I have $0.99 left in my account, and no credit until Christmas, so please help! I'm thinking about getting Alive-4-ever... what do you guys think?

2. DGH94

DGH94 Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Next to the Maiden
    IDK about A4E, but Aqua Globs is a very good game, and its going to be 10000000X better with the update that's going to be finished soon.

3. Mr. Crazy

Mr. Crazy Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2009
    England
    #3 Mr. Crazy, Sep 19, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2009
    +1 on aqua globs.

Also minigore, pocket god, harbor master and alive 4 ever are great games

4. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
  5. The_Running_Man

The_Running_Man Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Go for Alive 4 Ever

6. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    geodefense swarm. it'll last you quite a whle too

7. Kunning

Aug 30, 2009
    I already have Pocket God, Minigore just seems to be repetitive and have a lack of content, and I'm not all that into line drawing games... sorry, probably should have said that.

Any more suggestions? From what I'm getting, I should get Alive 4 Ever.

8. spidey146

spidey146 Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Pocket god!!!!!!!

9. spidey146

spidey146 Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Dinosmash is good, its an online shooter WITH DINOSAURS so youll never get bored

10. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Once more the wonder that is iDropDead remains untouched in the shadows :(

No one here has played it obviously, cause if they had they'd be agreeing with me :cool:

11. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

I really dislike games where you vent frustration by mutilating virtual dolls. Technically not even a game in my opinion. That's why I won't recommend it.
    I'd recommend:
    - Alive 4 Ever
    - Geodefense Swarm (though this game is insanely difficult, definitely not the typical "difficult" game)
    Can't think of other $0.99 titles, I got lots when they were on sale though, like Beatrider, which is like the best music app in the store.

12. Videotape

Videotape Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    student, journeyman
    pallet town
    idrop-dead is good, but samurai is 99 cents right now, do not miss it

13. Palfince

Palfince Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    Find $1 somewhere and buy iBlast Moki instead :D

14. SoCal_Sponger

SoCal_Sponger Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2009
    Alive 4 Ever, plus it is getting future updates

Also Samurai: Way of The Warrior just went on a $1 sale, I bought it but haven't played it yet (heard it is really good)

15. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    You don't like anything. You're not even registering on the awesome-o-meter.

16. Kunning

Aug 30, 2009
    #16 Kunning, Sep 19, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2009
    I already have Samurai: WoW and it's an awesome game. I bought it at the intro $2.99 price and it's definitely worth that much! For the week that it's on sale, I wholeheartedly recommend it to everyone!

Hmm, TDs have always struck me as sort of... slow action. The categories I love are like intense action. Mainly graphically impressive shooters, and fun hack and slashers.

On my iPod Touch, I have Cartoon Wars, Asphalt 4, Mummy's Revenge, Zombieville, F.A.S.T., Arcana: Spell Duel, iMech, Pocket God, Duke Nukem 3D, Hero of Sparta, Castle Warriors, Zenonia, and Reign of Swords. I may have missed some games on my iPod, but that's about all of the games I have. Thanks for all the feedback, still want more so I can decide!

17. ripofra

ripofra Well-Known Member

Must.Eat.Birds is amazing and fun and will last you for weeks I would recommend that game, but there are many great ones available.

18. PocketMonkey

PocketMonkey Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2009
  19. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    wordfu and moxie are wonderful word games

20. Kunning

Aug 30, 2009
    Uhm, PockeyMonkey, my confidence in you has been declining. It's been a long time for the Sparta update, and I still haven't had the least bit news. :( I really want that update!!! Champion Archer- I tried the Lite, it was alright, but the sounds weren't spectacular, the soldiers looked really timid when walking, and the arrows I shot weren't realistic, they didn't arc pointing up and fall pointing downward... they stayed at almost the same position. The arrow arced, but the arrow itself still stayed in the position it was from when it was launched from the bow. Sorry if what I've said is a little harsh, just my 2 cents. My confidence would be boosted if you had any news on the Sparta update.

Hmm... word games and stuff like that doesn't really fall in the "action" category.

Now I'm debating between Alive 4-Ever and Caster. Yes, I know Caster costs $1 more, but it seems pretty good. Which one would you guys recommend more? I'm still open to other suggestions though! Thanks so much so far for all your feedback, guys!