Announcing: Mum's kitchen

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Touch This Games, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Touch This Games

Oct 2, 2009
    Web Design, iPhone Games
    Australia
    this is our first game and has been submitted to apple.
    here is the description.

Suitable for the young and the old, go into a sugar coma as you indulge in this sweet and challenging game. You can play using the tilt or touch controls. With its cute-as-a-button graphics and easy to play controls, it’s the sweetest game on the iPhone. Eat as many sweets as you can (without gaining a pound!), and beware of the burn ones. You may even find yourself without a phone as your little ones enjoy Mum’s Kitchen!

here are some screen shots
    http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/4681/23538756.png
    http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/3650/45670027.png

i will post when accepted

Also Visit
    www.touchthisgames.com
    or follow us on twitter
    www.twitter.com/touchthisgames

2. kohjingyu

kohjingyu Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Student/Developer
    Singapore
    Looks good. Good luck in the app store. :)

3. CommanderData

CommanderData Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

My 2 cents worth on marketing this (1.4 cents after Apple's take:p):

1) "Mum" may not be understandable to the young audience of the USA, as that's more of an Austrailian / UK term for "Mom" in the USA. Maybe it won't be a big deal, just noting the fact that the largest audience for your games has a different word for "Mum".

2) Seeing the large amount of pink in the game, I can only imagine your icon may be tinted in the same fashion. If so, that may lure in more female gamers at the expense of male gamers. I don't have any hard data to cite here, just anecdotal evidence from the 10, 14, and 16 year old boys I have here for beta testing :D

Looks like a nice, simple, pick-up-and-play game. Good luck to you... you're about to find out that making an app was the easy part. Getting people to buy it, that's where the hard work begins! ;)

4. Touch This Games

Oct 2, 2009
    Web Design, iPhone Games
    Australia
    thanks

thanks for the good words:)
    we thought about the whole mum/mom thing but were aussie so we thought were just going to go with mum. might change it but for now its mum:)
    thanks for the support and we will let you know when it has been approved plus we will hopefully have another game to submit within a month:)