What FLASH-game should be ported to the IPhone?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by TheProxy, Nov 30, 2009.

1. TheProxy

TheProxy Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Chandler, AZ
    Originality is my middle name.

I haven't played all that many flash games, but I'd say:
    Sonny
    Age of War (with added features)
    The Last Stand (with added features)

I mean, ArmorGames has brought the Shift series over to the IPhone (at least, it's credited to ArmorGames). I'd love to see some of these brought over. Especially Sonny. And Sonny 2. Yeah.

2. downhill_demon

downhill_demon Active Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Love the originality :p

and Attack from the Dead is almost the same as the last stand.

3. pcmaster

pcmaster Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    If you don't already know in 2010 flash games will be able to be directly ported to the iPhone without being recoded. Not in safari but the app store. I think that this would be bad because many great hits came from flash games. Ex. I dig it, flight control, cube runner, and many more.

4. Noman

Noman Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    And age of war is already there.

But really, N or Trials bike would by my vote.

5. downhill_demon

downhill_demon Active Member

Nov 29, 2009
    woh thats pretty gangster :D

6. TheProxy

TheProxy Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Chandler, AZ
    Oh, I'm referring to a different one. I don't think the one there even was a Flash game.

And wow, that importing thing seems to be a good and bad concept. A lot of the apps in the app store are flash game quality, so to be able to get those kinds of games for free would really annihilate the hopes and dreams of many individual developers.

Then again, it would raise th standards.
    Thanks for telling me, by the way.

7. lazypeon

lazypeon Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Realistically, it won't be possible to directly port most of the classics, and many of them won't be. Reasons include (but not limited to) different resolutions, different input schemes, differences in mouse vs. touch, etc... ) It's non-trivial to directly port most existing Flash games. I don't think it will make much impact.

8. dumbname

dumbname Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    haha well said.

That 2010 stuff he speaks of is ballin.

9. RankoSao

RankoSao Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    College Student
    State of Hysteria
    Okay, who let Chad Warden in here?

10. Jack111

Jack111 Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Holland
    I would like to see Monster's Den

11. Redpanda9

Redpanda9 Member

Oct 2, 2009
    Pandemic 2 or 3, double wires, And N. Definitley N. N+ for the psp had me for months of fun. I haven't played any new psp games for the last 4+ months but as far as I know, N+ was the best 2nd psp game (after crisis core). Please bring N.

12. Jack111

Sep 6, 2009
    Holland
    I beleve i read somewhere that the makers from N already said its not going to come to the iphone

13. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

wtf???? it would make so much money! im sure!!:)

14. Jack111

Sep 6, 2009
    Holland
    If i remember it corectly they couldnt get the controls right but that was several months ago

15. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

hmmm lemme think...

press sides of screen to move to that side, tap to jump?

or soosiz controls?

16. Jack111

Sep 6, 2009
    Holland
    Trying to find that article but it was a while ago and the internet is a big place

17. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Sonny. Hands down needs to be ported to help aleviate the lack of turn based RPG's. Great game. Maybe the first game could be free, and the second paid? That'd be a great lite version

The Last Stand. The closest thing we have is Attack from Dead, and it's not that great. Add some stuff (online coop?) and you've got a game.

Karoshi. It's too fun, and after playing all of them (flash and game maker ones), it just feels like it needs to be on the iPhone. There are so many hidden puzzles that could be done with the touchscreen.

SAS: Zombie Assault would be fun, but I think that World at War: Zombies already has it covered. It does currently have more features, with a sequel and an extra map. Add worldwide online co-op and you've got a hit, just make sure it's a low price so that it could be a good alternative for those who don't want to pay $9.99 for WaW Zombies, or whose connections are not compatible with the game.

18. sk8erdude50

sk8erdude50 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    than how would that be bad?

19. RankoSao

RankoSao Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    College Student
    State of Hysteria
    I remember this really fun game called Bot Arena where you could buy different weapons and armors to customize your bot before sending it into battle...that one was fun

20. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    For a start it'd mean the App Store gets flooded with all the crappy flash games as well.