Universal Supermagical (by Gala Pocket)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TheFrost, Jun 22, 2012.

1. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Just came to post that screenshot. Great news.

2. justln

justln Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Singapore
    #122 justln, Aug 24, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
    Yea... I think I just hit a paywall.

Need 8000 coins to buy a white tiger pet to advance and I have 3550.
    I bought ingredients needed for the protection spell, a 10000 coin upgrade for the first warlock and the required items to advance.

I already found all the available money bags. Each stage earns me 300 coins so I have to grind 19 times in order to get enough money to advance.

3. Urthop

Urthop Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Try to find a stage where you get a lot of tonics, every unused tonic is a further 100 coins. Easy to get 800 of them in some of the later stages.

4. Kikekun

Kikekun Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Artist
    Have you found the secret bonus stage? ;)

Supermagical is actually a quite tricky game disguised in a friendly skin...haha. Managing your money properly is a huge part of the game, so if you go on a shopping spree you might pay the price later on. It should not take long to recoup enough Chococoins again to buy the tiger. I mean, on other RPG's you need to maybe "grind" for a while until you get that nice sword or that cool armour. Supermagical is no different, but in here you should be ok by replaying a couple of extra levels.

Thanks a lot for playing Supermagical!

5. tabtabtabby

tabtabtabby New Member

Aug 24, 2012
    SPOILER ALERT!!!

I just found the secret bonus stage!!! That was crazy! Just cant believe that cuz I just tried to make a song out of those bells lol Really happy~

But I got a question, can I get back into the stage again?But I dont even know what was the correct order to get into the stage though lol

Anyway, thanks for making us this great game, I really enjoy. Love it!!!

6. Kikekun

Sep 17, 2009
    Artist
    I'm afraid you can only go to that secret stage once...haha. There is one for each continent, though!
    Congrats on discovering that! Not everyone does! :D

7. justln

justln Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Singapore
    Except that if I don't grind for that white tiger, I can't proceed through the storyline.

Supermagical is a freemium game disguised as a paid app. See that fanciful helmet?
    Nope you can't get it unless you grind endlessly or give in to IAP.

You want to enter Midgard in FF7? Tough luck, pay 8000 Gil or GTFO.

I have never felt so angry towards a game before. And COME ON, no bloody retry button? REALLY?
    Is the game being helpful by forcing you to see hints or is it just pushing you towards IAP?

Fudge this shit, I'm done with this game

8. ChronoCat

ChronoCat Active Member

Mar 22, 2010
    #128 ChronoCat, Aug 24, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
    You're supposed to manage your coins. I'm about halfway through the 2nd world and have not needed to use any candies or special upgrades to beat the levels. I'm just buying what is necessary to progress and have been able to do so without grinding any levels and have an excess of 12k coins right now. Pro-tip: Don't ever buy an optional upgrade until you truly think you need it.

My plan from the start was to beat the entire game. Then, if I feel like the game deserves more of my time, I'll work on unlocking the optional upgrades.

Also, there actually IS a retry button. You press the pause button during a battle, then select the "restart battle" option. This information is also in one of the many "tip scrolls" you come across as you traverse the world map.

Yes, it's true that to acquire any kind of extra upgrades, you're probably gonna need to cash in or grind for coins. I myself find it iffy that to jump from one point to another that aren't immediately connected to one another you need to spend coins on an upgrade. I do wish that upgrades were easier to achieve, but I guess that's just the nature of most games on the app store these days. Supermagical itself is a great game and the grind to get upgrades does lower it's fun factor a bit. But again, if you plan ahead, grinding/IAP is in no way a must to be able to progress. The game is 99 cents for god's sake. I think the oversaturation of cheap games in the app store has really spoiled us consumers. Getting a game of this quality and polish at less than a single dollar is a bargain.

Sucks that you don't like the game, and I'm not forcing you to play or enjoy it, but hopefully my post makes sense to you.

9. justln

justln Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Singapore
    Yes, I know there's a restart battle button when you pause the game.
    There is however, no retry button when you fail or pass the stage.

The white tiger is a fine example of why I hate this game. Seriously, at least give me a warning that you need 8000 coins to advance so that I can save my money and not spend it on the 289371897381293 items the game store shoves in your face. Haha you're too poor to buy the fanciful equipments, grind it out or buy IAP.

I really wanted to enjoy the game. That's why I'm so frustrated about it.

10. Kikekun

Sep 17, 2009
    Artist
    Sorry to hear that...

As Chronocat says, you have more than enough coins to buy your pass from continent to continent from the beginning. It is true that there isn't a big billboard anywhere saying that you'r gonna need 8000 coins to buy a tiger at the end of the continent, but if you spend all your coins almost immediately on power ups that make the game easier, well, that's something you got in return, which is also cool.

If you want/need more coins to buy more good stuff then you'll have to "grind" a little bit, although NOTHING compared to other games (no more than playing between 4 or 5 levels extra to get the coins you need), or pay an extra dollar for more coins.
    Also, the game is easily worth far more than 0.99$, but we had to put a small price of admission as in our opinion the game is too friendly with the IAP's and we had to pay for 1 year and a half of hard work, plus the upcoming multiplayer free updates.
    Other option could have been putting the game at 4$ or so and lower the items' prices, but then probably half the people would bother downloading the game. It's been hard to find a nice equilibrium.

It is also true that the coolest items are expensive, but I repeat you can finish the whole game without buying any of that. Lots of testers, friends and forum users have done so already.

But if you are not enjoying the game then there isn't much we can do about that. We are very, very sorry to hear that, although we thank you a lot for giving the game a chance.

Maybe you can get back to the game after a couple of days and keep advancing!

By the way *****SPOILER ALERT******
    There is a secret stage with lots of extra coins on the music jewels temple if you touch them on the correct order.

11. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    I've found the secret chamber. It contains around 1200+ coins, not bad but I need more to get the helmet that gives double coins. In my opinion, it's allright to give high price for items in Manuel's store but what I think is ridiculous is the price to enter Manuel's store. It's 300 coins each while you get very very less coins than that (especially in later stages).
    I have a question about big pinata, what's inside it? Is there helmet or stuffs in it or it just candies and small coins?

12. Kikekun

Sep 17, 2009
    Artist
    On the big piƱatas you can get the good items like hats, pets, tokens, warlock level-ups, etc...That's why they are more expensive.

13. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im about to download, and was surprised to see 400+mb. Seems massive for a Bobble game.

14. smes3817

smes3817 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    +1 Yup, and even worse for someone who doesn't play games on their iPad. I don't know why but I prefer gaming on my phone 100%. Just my preference though...

...but those iPad retina assets in universal games are killing me...

15. Con

Con Well-Known Member

May 12, 2012
    Some people don't even have ipads! :p

16. Joshnsuch

Joshnsuch Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Louisville
    The coin hat made quite a big difference. Just played a level I was averaging ~250-300 coins per play and on this last play I got 685.

Now that I've been playing for a while, I can definitely say I'm happy with my purchase. Gameplay is very solid. In my opinion, the rate to earn coins isn't QUITE as fast as I wish it would be. It has not hindered my ability to play the game in any manner - I just usually don't buy any extra items, though (other than the coin hat I picked up).

May I ask how many different secret areas you guys stuck in this game? Additionally, do you have an estimate to how much time it takes to go through the story? And finally, I know a multiplayer update was mentioned in the future. What sort of other content plans do you guys have for single-player?

17. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Saw a few people nominated this in the GOTW thread and checked out this thread. Looked like it might be good, but I too was shocked at the 400+ MB size. Guess I expect that for some of more hard-core, graphically intensive games. Not so much for casual games.

Anyway, think I'll wait. Just don't have the room!

18. Kikekun

Sep 17, 2009
    Artist
    There are 3 secret areas, one per continent. It should take you between 15 and 20 hours to complete the whole game. It's quite big, actually.

Apart from the two multiplayer updates coming (Coop and PvP), there isn't anything planned for single player for now, but that doesn't mean we don't make it happen. I'd love to, by the way.

19. M477H

M477H New Member

Aug 24, 2012
    I have to agree. As soon as I hit the tiger I was pretty pissed. Seems a bit abrupt, the change from being encouraged to spend your money to the realization that grinding is involved. I don't mind throwing another dollar or so on IAP as the game is good, but I would rather the game just cost more (weird I know).

20. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    But for those that do....it's heaven.