All Fridges Are Psycohotic: The Walkthrough

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Somerandomdude, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    #1 Somerandomdude, Jan 4, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
    Well, after answering many questions on the main AFAP thread, I thought it was time to create a general walkthrough that takes you through the game step-by-step, so that you can refer to this if you ever get stuck without having to wait for a pm. So... here you go.

You don't have to complete the game in this order, but it would be helpful if you are going to follow this throughout the game. If you need just one part, find the section on that issue and follow the instructions from there. I won't instruct you to pick up items until you really need them, so if you missed an item this guide should help point it out.

PART 1: Apartment Escape

Ok, so to start the game, we're stuck in Julius's apartment after finishing the movie script... Well, we're not getting to the contest now, are we. Bummer. So first thing we need to do is get the script, since there's absoutely no point in showing up for a script writing contest with no script. Next, go pick up the cat and then open the window on the left end of your apartment. Yes, I think you see where this is going... Use the cat on the window. This is one of many, many strange things that will be done in this game...
    Well, now you'll take control of this fat guy who plays World of Warcraft alot. I forget his name, so who really cares. He'll notice Sundance (the cat) stuck in a tree, and tries to get him down. Now you're going to need some way to lure him down from there, otherwise you'd probably end up hurting/killing the cat, based on the way this guy looks and acts. Talk to that guy sitting in the chair outside of the coffee shop, and ask him about what he's drinking. After he mentions that it's a lemolatte, ask him for a sip, then pick either speech option, it doesn't matter which. He'll proceed to give you a voucher for some stuff from the coffee shop. Enter said shop. You'll see some dude talking to the woman at the counter about lemons. Give her the voucher once he leaves, and she'll give you a pie. Use it on the cat to get it down. You need to bring the cat to Julius, so enter the apartment after picking up the cat. For some strange reason, there's a broom jamming his door, so you need to move that first. Then enter, and Julius will be free from his room.

PART 2: Getting to the Contest

Back in control of Julius, leave the apartment and head for the street, where you'll be robbed by someone who looks strangely like you, but with a mask on... hmm.... Well, now you need money to take the taxi, but we're all out since your wallet was stolen, you need an alternate source of income. Crap. Wait a second, there was a tip jar in the coffee shop! That should be enough to get a short taxi ride... Well, head back to your apartment and grab the pickle jar. Use that jar with Sundance's food bowl, and you'll have an empty jar. Go back to the cafe and you'll see the lady walking around the building. Now on the back wall there should be some green flyer/map things. Pick them up. Go into your inventory and combine the maps and jar. It now looks like it's filled with money, when it's actually filled with maps... Hehe... Our plan for petty theft is in motion... Go to the counter, and when the woman walks off screen, use the map jar with the tip jar. TADA, WE HAVE MONEY!!! Go talk to the cab driver, and off you go.

PART 3: The Infamous Taxi Puzzle

This is where everyone seems to get stuck, myself included the first time around. It's actually quite an obscure and clever puzzle. When the cab breaks down, head around to the back and use the tailpipe instead of the hood of the car. You'll find a bananna in the tailpipe... Yeah, that had me stumped. Well, now you can continue on your adventure to the contest and enter that script.

PART 4: The Script and Gustav

You'll arrive at the Odditorium entrance. Enter and go to submit your script... to find out the contest is over and that loser Moody Allen (Hmm... wonder where that name came from...) has won the contest. Crap again. Head outside and use the tricycle to leave the area. You'll now get an area selection screen, with your street on the left, the Odditorium area in the middle, and your workplace on the right. Head to your workplace. When you get there, you'll be commanded by your boss to give the woman a painting of whoever the extra it was she mentioned. Turns out you had the wrong painting, so bring it back downstairs. Set it back up by using the painting from your inventory on the fridge... which proceeds to speak... Well, listen to what it has to say. Apparently to time travel, you need a time piece, a map, and a piece of warm clothing. I'll give a short section to each piece.

Item 1: The Map
    First off, let's go grab that map. Head back to the apartment street, and go back into the coffee shop. Turns out we never spent those tips, so that robbery was useless... We're criminals for nothing. Remember what we used to replace the tips though? That's right, a bunch of maps! Do the same thing you did to obtain the tips. Go to the counter, and use the tip jar on the map jar. We now have the maps back, along with ridding ourselves of crime. Cool. Go into your inventory and use the jar of maps to separate them into an empty jar and a group of maps. Well, that's done.

Item 2: The Clothing
    Next, let's go get that warm clothing. Head to the Odditorium, and there should be some weird guy standing there dressed in camo. Talk to him and tell him about your movie. Either option will work from there. He'll tell you about some revolution, but says that you have to preform a public work of rebellion. It could be anything. He also mentions that he hates that huge director dude that everyone's trying to get an autograph of. Next, go talk to the girl on the right in the wheelchair (for some sick humor use her. Quite funny). Ask her if she wants an autograph, then offer to get her one. Mention that you need a pen and paper, causing her to give you a marker. It's a common misconception that you need to get the autograph, but there's no way to do it, as you really don't need to to beat the game (because... well, you can't). See the poster on the Odditorium of the famous director? Make the camo dude proud by scribbling over it with the marker. Talk to camo dude again and get yourself a balacava. There's your warm clothing.

Item 3: The Timepiece
    The most confusing of the three items, I've decided to tackle this last. According to Gustav, you need a face, hands, and a way to power it. Head to your workplace, and grab the mask off the shelf behind the counter near the ET statue. There's the face. Now go to your apartment building's hallway and use the grandfather clock. You'll end up ripping the hands off of the clock. Now, for the power. If you talked to the cafe lady before about the Lemolatte, she mentioned how it takes 500 lemons to power a lightbulb, but only 1 to power a clock... Hmm... How to get those lemons though, that's the question. Head out to the street. Now see the street numbers above the cafe door? Grab them. Now use those numbers on the apartment building's door, and leave the area. Go back to the area, and if you see a lemon truck pull away, enter the apartment. If not, leave the area and come back until you see the truck. You should now see a crate of lemons in the apartment hallway. Take one. Go into your inventory and combine the mask, hands, and lemon to create the timepiece.

With all the items obtained, head back to Gustav. Open the fridge and place all 3 items in. Now you're ready to enter your script on time.

PART 4: Changing the Future
    Go enter your script into the contest. Oh wait a sec, if the future Julius enters a script, it'll look like we're cheating now, and if we come in contact, it's going to create a paradox and the space time continium will collapse, ending life as we know it! No pressure, just putting the entire WORLD on the line for our script contest. Well, since this is an adventure game, we have all the time we need, since future Julius is still writing that script. Cool. Well, we need to stop him from entering that script. Remember all those hardships you had to endure before? Well, time to cause them. Head to your apartment street. Take the bananna you got from the taxi before, and use it on the taxi here. Then head to the apartment and place the broom in front of the door. With that done, go outside and put on your balacava. To do so, go into your inventory and use the balacava by clicking on the hand icon and then selecting the balacava while in the inventory screen. When Julius comes out, you'll rob him of his money. I won't reveal what happens after, but it's a pretty fun twist to the game.

And Congratulations! You've beaten this awesome adventure game. Now to wait on that sequel that is currently in the works according to Flaghippo...

Reply to this if you need any sort of help, or have any questions or comments on the guide. Hope this helps, and thanks for reading.

2. polycontrale

polycontrale Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Just because I was confused about this:

You might want to specify HOW to use the balaclava at the end.

3. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Oh, thanks for the info. I'll go update that really fast.

Anything else that might be missing or confuse you, post it here or PM me, I'll go ahead and update it.

4. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    #4 your personal robot, Jan 4, 2010
    Same problem here. Standing there, the guy won't put in this thing.
    But so far, thanks for the awesome walkthrough.

Sorry, was a bit late with my post.
    Still nothing happens, or do I have to wait a specific amount of time?
    I choose the clothing, moving it over his body....nothing happens.

5. BiggggAl

BiggggAl Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2009
    I actually PM'd flaghippo for a hint about this one. I got all the way to the end and couldn't figure out how to "put on" the mask. I'm waiting for a reply and then I can finally see how this one ends.

I have to admit... I'm not a very good "gamer"... I always need hints and cheats to get through games. I love the genre, but always need a little help!

:)

Have fun everyone! I really enjoyed this game and can't wait to see how it "ends"!

Al

6. BiggggAl

Dec 31, 2009
    Ps: hovering the mask over julians body doesnt seem to work for me... Is there a special way to do this so he will wear it?

Thanks!

Al

7. wondroushippo

wondroushippo 👎🏻carter👎🏻
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 4, 2010
    Male
    Ex-TA, now I do PR
    San Antonio, TX
    Yeah, what you do is that you open up your inventory, click the hand icon, and then pick the balaclava and Julius will put it on.

8. polycontrale

polycontrale Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    #8 polycontrale, Jan 4, 2010
    I think the confusion with it is because it's somewhat inconsistent with the design of some of the other puzzles in the game, as well as the fact that you can target Julius.

You would expect to use the mask on Julius, especially considering that "Julius Body" is a target. However, rather than using the mask on Julius, you have to simply choose the hand to use the mask, which is not the way that you'd expect it to function.

For me, two of the most confusing moments in the game were because the design was inconsistent with the rest of the game.

The taxi, for example, doesn't have a targetable tailpipe.

Julius, on the other hand, is targetable, but you aren't supposed to target him.

BTW, this is one of the few complaints that I do have about the game: All of the puzzles and their solutions really should be consistent. Making them inconsistent has a way of artificially raising the difficulty of certain moments.

9. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    THAAAAANK YOU! Finally I could see the sweet ending! :)
    Fantastic game... give us mooooore.

10. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Sorry I'm late with the update, it was kinda late yesterday when I finally got around to it. I'll the guide to reflect the results here. Thanks for the info polycontrale on how you have to use the mask.

11. burymewithit

burymewithit Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Great walkthrough, nice work. Just wish I had it before I spent so much time on the taxi. :eek: :)

12. BiggggAl

Dec 31, 2009
    OMG! OK... I'm feeling silly now...

I got the mask on.... I'm feeling really silly (just like the taxi game) that I didn't figure this out lol!

Can't wait to drive myself crazy with the next installment!

Peace!

Al

13. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Hey, no prob. I really liked this game, so I wanted to help people who got stuck on a part so they could continue the game before having to pm someone and wait for a reply. The other adventure games already have guides as most are ports of older games, which many have written guides for. This, on the other hand, might be the only guide out there for this game.

14. DPRICE81

DPRICE81 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2010
    how do you seperate the map from the jar? doesnt work for me

15. dembonesmusic

dembonesmusic New Member

May 24, 2010
    trike?

I came back to the apartment area after getting the mask and swapped the tip jar for the maps...now my trike is gone, I cant leave the area to go do anything else?? WHere'd it go...HELP!!!

16. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    this sounds like an odd game.