iPhone Spellcaster Adventure- high fantasy hybrid RPG/word game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Vanin, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    This looks very cool, but the timed-component makes it a no-go for me, I'm afraid.

2. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    This looks great. I will absolutely be downloading it when it's available.

3. andreadeda

andreadeda Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2013
    This looks amazing! Will it be available on iphone as well or no chance for this? Unfortunately i can't play on ipad and would be very sorry to miss it when it comes out :(

4. Unfortunately no, we're not targeting iPhone currently =(.

There just isn't enough screen real-estate, there's a little too much going on =/.

If it does well we can consider trying to adapt to the small screen, but I'd like to see how much support the game gets first and get some feedback before we invest that much time. Nights and weekends you know?

We'll release on PC though! It has a bit more of a learning curve to be really good with a mouse, but it's totally doable. The trailer was made on PC with a mouse after all. It proooobably works fine on most touch laptops as well, but I haven't been able to test that many yet.

5. Yeah, that was one of our fears. It can be a pretty intense game. The lower difficulties (there aren't difficulty settings, but it's hard to explain without seeing it) allow you to be pretty slow though. A word or less every 10 seconds and you're okay.

Additionally the minigames (which are precreated puzzles) don't have time components for when you want a break.

Still, we knew we'd lose some people for being realtime, but that's okay. Glad you like how it looks though!

6. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    I love word games.
    Unfortunately, I agree with the previous poster, about those timers being a no- go.
    To me, energy timers are absolutely horrid. Of course, if you have an iap that takes away the timers to make the game premium, then that changes things.

Will you be having an iap to take away the timers permanently?

7. #27 Vanin, Aug 11, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
    Hm? There aren't any energy timers in the IAP sense, I believe he was just talking about the round timer- as in "make as many words as you can in 45 seconds" rather than "you make a word, then I make a word" Similarly, you charge a mana bar as fast as you can make words, rather than just taking a turn using a power.

Edit- Oh, I see. When I said that the minigames don't have a "time component" I meant they don't have any time pressure and are just word-logic puzzles, when you want a break from the regular gameplay that can get a little intense.

There are no mechanics in this game whatsoever that limits the amount of time you can play.