Atomic Robo: Violent Science

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by antarchitect, Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. antarchitect

antarchitect Active Member

Nov 1, 2012
    PR @ Second Fiction
    Lancaster, PA
    [​IMG]

Coming from a very beloved indie Graphic Novel series by Brian Clevinger and Scott Wegener, Atomic Robo: Violent Science will be available soon (and first) for iOS. We'll definitely be giving away a few promo codes here on the forums so keep an eye out for that. The game should be out early March after the rejec... err submission process.

But frankly, I just wanted to share a little bit about what you can expect. It's a side scrolling platformer with a bit of a 16 bit feel to it. The character and story you love (also loosely related to the upcoming animated short film) and that nostalgic video game sensibility. Throw in a couple of custom chip-tunesy original tracks and I think everyone is going to have a lot of fun with the game.. especially Atomic Robo fans.

Most of the art is hand-drawn which is kind of neat.. in fact, our studio used to be a traditional animation studio so we're trying to take a brave leap into video games.

[​IMG]

You can see some frames of production and screen shots at our facebook page. We keep it updated as often as possible.

At Second Fiction, this is our first launch, and we are really looking here to toucharcade forum users for a little bit of initial feedback on the way we price these things out. I buy and download a TON of mobile games myself but i've heard a lot of opinion contradictory to my own regarding things like in-app purchases, price premium, pay to play, etc.

We think we will offer the game for a small price (.99) and the game will have little to none of the "Grind" affect that annoys so many mobile gamers. We do know however that many people desire IAP because they like doing things quicker or exploring games and content more intensely so we've thought of throwing in a little of that, but not so much that it would put other players with competitive mindsets at a disadvantage.

Thoughts?

2. HowlingBears

HowlingBears New Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Awesome!

I'm so excited for this that I've stopped just lurking! I love Atomic Robo! Are we likely to see many of his nemeses from the comics? Dr. Dinosaur? Undead Edison? ALAN?

In terms of IAP, it sounds like you've got the right idea by steering well clear of any sense of "grind". I don't care if there's a "pay to get the endgame/postgame boosts" IAP if that doesn't leave me choosing between a painful grind and shelling out to escape the grindhole. And of course things that just add more flavor to an already robust game are fine, as well.

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I checked the facebook page and the game does look very interesting! Will keep an eye out for this!

4. antarchitect

Nov 1, 2012
    PR @ Second Fiction
    Lancaster, PA
    Awesome well... For now, the baddie is helsingard.. We have some interesting ideas however for game expansion. Perhaps introducing some other favorite villains.

Our studio really appreciates the feedback and the encouragement, folks.

5. devensega

devensega Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2011
    Brilliant, I need to play this game.. For science!

6. antarchitect

Nov 1, 2012
    PR @ Second Fiction
    Lancaster, PA
    Mos def(initely!)

7. antarchitect

Nov 1, 2012
    PR @ Second Fiction
    Lancaster, PA
    For science!! :)

Ps: certain abilities come as help from the action scientists.. Particularly Jenkins and Lang.

8. antarchitect

Nov 1, 2012
    PR @ Second Fiction
    Lancaster, PA
    Just wanted to update with some screen shots. Nearing release for iOS Universal

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Liking it so far.

10. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    The screenshots have me quite anxious to play this. Happy to see it will release soon. :)

11. antarchitect

Nov 1, 2012
    PR @ Second Fiction
    Lancaster, PA
    #11 antarchitect, Feb 20, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
    Thanks folks! I appreciate the feedback. We're also going to launch our website soon at secondfiction.com.

Facebook is facebook.com/secondfiction

Just a couple of ways to keep in the know but we'll def be doing some promo here on toucharcade and maybe throw out a couple of codes :)

12. antarchitect

Nov 1, 2012
    PR @ Second Fiction
    Lancaster, PA
    #12 antarchitect, Feb 27, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  13. antarchitect

Nov 1, 2012
    PR @ Second Fiction
    Lancaster, PA
  14. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
  15. antarchitect

Nov 1, 2012
    PR @ Second Fiction
    Lancaster, PA
    nice!

16. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    Gah, was too busy on the new thread to catch a code here. :p Looking forward to hearing game impressions. :)

17. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Time to close down this thread and breathe some life into the release thread. :)