Space Miner: Platinum Edition (by Venan Entertainment) [TA 2010 GotY]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Venan, Feb 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AClockworkSausage

AClockworkSausage Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Systems Analyst
    #341 AClockworkSausage, Feb 9, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
    The performance in fields with dust clouds is pretty poor on the 3G when compared to other fields.
    Any plans to see if this can be optimised?

2. Fruho

Fruho Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Gameloft Employee
    Under Your Bed
    I bought it!!!

3. minameismud

minameismud Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Devs: are you planning to release an iPad-specific version? same sprite sizes, but a bigger field of view? that would be AWESOMEPANTS!

back in the day, i played a game for PC called Swarm. i played the ever-living-$&!% outta that game! by far, my favorite weapon was the ball & chain. it was pretty easy to keep it swinging around your ship with a mouse. don't know how easy it'd be with the control we've got here, but could you guys look into that for the future?

4. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    Nooooooooo... I don't want to buy the iPad just for this :eek:
    Sounds WAY TOO AWESOME.

5. jddoctor

jddoctor Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2010
    Hello all - I want to congratulate the developers for delivering such a deep and enjoyable game! Also I'd like to add my "voice" to those of the people having performance hiccups on an iphone 3g. I'm experiencing the same problems in quite a few levels, when the action starts to heat up, with only a few objects/explosions on screen. I've done the "classic" step of rebooting, I updated my firmware to 3.1.3 but the problem persists. I don't have any probems with other games (even performance-heavy ones), so I should assume that this is some kind of optimisation issue of the game itself. I hope this gets patched, the overall quality of the game deserves it!

6. Nav

Nav Member

Mar 18, 2009
    I bought this game, at first I was like meh looks pretty lame but then i dove in and got it. Boy am i happy i did. This game beat my expectations by a good length. I've been addicted to this game since I bought it. Well done Devs, Well done! Looking forward to what you have in stores.

7. davagorn

davagorn Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Patience, grasshopper, patience. ;)

8. Shumby

Shumby Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    ok - I'm getting either Space Miner or Doom 2 RPG tonight. It's settled.

but... which one?

9. JoshyLee

JoshyLee Active Member

Nov 5, 2009
    I haven't tried Doom RPG yet but I can attest to the quality of Space Miner. I just hope they make updates.

10. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    Don't give up Space Miner for something else.

And I don't really need updates, I hope they make new games, these people obviously do their job brilliantly.

11. falloutmike

falloutmike Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    VA
    Doom RPG and Space Miner are both great games.. I would say for now choose Space Miner, and get Doom RPG later, Just my opinion. I'm really enjoying Space Miner tons, so addicting and funny, TONS of upgrades... Just can't put it down. :p

12. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    I would recommend Space Miner first. :)

13. Lost Cipher

Lost Cipher Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Get Space Miner, help the little guys out first. Aside from the fact that in terms of quality Space Miner is above and beyond Doom 2 RPG.

14. Venan

Venan Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2010
    How about this... id isn't here, personally, asking you to buy their game :)

15. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    How about this... John Carmack doesn't need your money. Brandon does ;).

16. Hai5

Hai5 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    I wonder why this game hasn't been featured on iTune.

17. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    It can take a few days, even weeks, depending on the title. If you look at the hot new games list, some are brand new (GT, Riddim Ribbon) and some have been out for a while (Broken Sword, Tall Bike Joust). With the number of 5 star reviews Space Miner has gotten, it will be feature eventually.

What surprises me is that we haven't seen reviews from STP, TouchGen, or FingerGaming.

18. bgribin

bgribin Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    I just wanted to pipe in here with my opinion.

What a great game! Easily in my top three favorites - up there with Spider and Sword & Poker. The gameplay is outstanding and the title really deserves a high spot on the charts. It's disappointing to see Riddim Ribbon get feature on the front page of the app store and not this gem - but I suppose I should be used to it by now. (Not to bash Riddim Ribbon or anything... it's just not the same.)

I highly, highly recommended this game. But then again, if you're reading my post, you probably already have the game by now.

19. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Just wanted to pop in real quick to say that this has become one of my all time favorite iPhone games..I really didn't expect it to be, I thought it'd just be a good game. Boy was I surprised..

20. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    Just finished this on normal diffuculty, was pretty fun. Took me about 4 hours, 40 minutes. :D