Universal Brickies - Noodlecake + Ink Vial

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Ryan_Noodle, Mar 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryan_Noodle

Ryan_Noodle Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 29, 2013
    Biz guy at Noodlecake Studios
    Saskatoon
    [​IMG]

Hey TA'ers!

We are back again with another awesome game. You might have seen the recent coverage of some of our new games from the GDC coverage. Well I wanted to get an official post up and running and load it up with a shiny new trailer for you.

For those of you not familiar with Brickies, check out the app description below or the GDC article linked above. We are hoping to have the game out in the next month or two. Stay tuned for more info as it develops!

Description:

Brickies is a fresh take on the classic breakout game, with fast paced levels that will leave you thirsty for more action.

Use the paddles to launch the ball and unleash a variety of power ups upon the brickies, but don’t worry if you miss the ball!
    In Brickies missing a shot doesn’t mean the game is over, it deactivates the ball until you bounce it again and then you’re back in action!

Explode, shoot and cut your way through over one hundred levels featuring, action, puzzles and tricky bosses. Unlock new exciting powers as you progress through the levels, beat the timer and collect three stars.

Earn achievements and compete for the highest score with your friends!

- Colourful and addictive breakout game
    - Fast paced fun gameplay
    - Over 100 levels to complete
    - Combine power-ups for epic destruction
    - Creative and challenging levels
    - Endless mode for endless action
    - Achievements
    - Colourful and modern graphics

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Ryan_Noodle

Patreon Gold

Jan 29, 2013
    Saskatoon
    Early Access Wanted

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to see if there was any interest in some early access testers for Brickies? Probably wont be able to get a build out for a week or two, but leading up to that, just toss your Testflight ID in the reply section or DM it to me and Ill add you for when the build ships.

Cheers!

3. Kedens

Kedens Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2013
    Graphic Design/Illustration
    Rochester, NY
    Sounds great, I would love to help. I PMed my testflight email

4. Ryan_Noodle

Patreon Gold

Jan 29, 2013
    Saskatoon
    Brickies Launch Date

Just wanted to announce that Brickies is coming to the App Store May 21st! Hooray!!

[​IMG]

5. locomoco

locomoco Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Ooh, this is right up my alley. The design is fantastic and the concept looks really interesting. I'll be looking out for it on May 21!

6. cbecks_noble

cbecks_noble Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2015
    pixel pusher @ cwade games
    Coquitlam BC
    Love it. Looks awesome!

7. Ryan_Noodle

Patreon Gold

Jan 29, 2013
    Saskatoon
    Promo Codes!

We are counting down the days to the big Brickies launch and decided to open the doors a bit early for some quick fingered forum users.

As always let people know if you snag a code and we would love to hear what you think about it!

Cheers

4HAHL3NFEATA
    79MFW3FR64FA
    K4NHWLPPK6KA

8. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    Got K4NHWLPPK6KA. Will follow up after playing for a while. Thanks!

9. cofunguy

cofunguy Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Took 79MFW3FR64FA. Thanks.

10. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
  11. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    This is really fun! I wasn't sure I'd like it, and was worried I might be wasting a code, since I'm not the biggest fan of breakout games, but this is my favorite that I've played.

I think the fact that there's only a temporary penalty for missing the ball made a big difference for me. It can get hectic and difficult to keep track of the ball at times with powerups and dynamic brickie shapes/movements. The challenge lies more in beating the level quickly to get 3 stars, which I find works well and is much less frustrating. There's an (periodically available) option to get more time after failing a level by watching an ad. I used up all my available ones on level 10, but ended up beating it with regular time, I think it's more about getting the right powerups to quickly beat a certain level design.

There's a lot of variation in the characteristics of the brickies, keeping levels fresh and interesting. The different powerups are great, and it's pretty cool to see what combos of powers you can make, some are quite destructive. You unlock them by beating the first handful of levels, and it's nice that they're all available to use on any given level after unlocking, so you can go back to the early levels and try to 3 star them again with better powerups.

I 3 starred the first level pack, and look forward to checking out the others...puzzle pack sounds intriguing! Then I tried endless mode and passed 18 waves on my first attempt, and felt pretty good when I saw the achievement was for passing 15. Definitely recommend trying this one, even if you aren't very fond of traditional breakout games, this will surprise you.

Noticed a couple things:
    -GC achievement syncing could be improved
    -Razor graphic doesn't show
    [​IMG]

12. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Oh... This game looks great. I love brick breakers!
    Too bad I have to wait.....
    That's ok. I hear patience is a shoe... Or virtue.... Or something like that! :)

13. ecler

ecler Member

May 19, 2015
    Indie iOS developer
    Wrocław, Poland
    It looks really great! I'm looking forward to play this :D

14. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    I am sold on the Brickies alone.

15. Ryan_Noodle

Patreon Gold

Jan 29, 2013
    Saskatoon
    Matt33 - Thanks for the feedback! Glad you like it. The Razor bug is being fixed right now so should show up soon. We will also look at the syncing issues to see if there is anything we can do to tighten it up.

16. Ryan_Noodle

Patreon Gold

Jan 29, 2013
    Saskatoon
    More Codes!

Gettem while they are hot!

RKNXL749WKW6
    KPLF4344XKYA

17. locomoco

locomoco Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    YES! Redeemed KPLF4344XKYA

Have been so excited to try Brickies!! Thanks so much!

18. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
  19. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    On my way back home i saw Ryan started giving codes away. I just entered my room, wifi back on, checked the thread and the unbelivable happened. Thank you so much for the second code.

Good luck!

20. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    #20 Qwertz555, May 19, 2015
    Last edited: May 19, 2015
    Really, this is some awesome hot sauce for breaker fans, and not only. Read Matt's post #11, he sums it up nicely.

Yep, you might lose track a bit in the beginning when the powerup lets explode everything, but after six levels in, i'm having no problems anymore. And yep to the synching, could be a bit tighter. We have good working classic touch- or tilt-controls with a sensitivity slider, very nice. My personel little issue, these modern pastel colors will never be my thing in any game, but maybe they'll add a (very welcome) option, if the game sells well. Installed size 202 MB.

Is this a paid game? I don't see any iap. Maybe it shows up after reaching the next level pack.

This is a very challenging game already and no walk in the park. I know, it's very early for me to say, but it seems to be up on par (minimum!) with the best breaker games out there. If i change my point of view, i'll let you know.

Thanks again for the code.

Edit:
    I changed my point of view...
    Finally, i got 3-stars on all 20 stages in level pack1. To achieve this isn't a walk in the park, at least it wasn't for me. You need to hit those very unique (and amazing) powerups to succeed. Level 12+16 gave me almost a headache.
    For me, this is by far my most enjoyed and challenging breaker game...by far!
    And i didn't even touch endless mode, yet.