Hybrid: Eternal Whisper or Baseball Superstars 2010?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by MidianGTX, Sep 25, 2009.

?

Hybrid: Eternal Whisper or Baseball Superstars 2010?

1. Hybrid: Eternal Whisper

64.0%
  2. Baseball Superstars 2010

28.0%
  3. Something else of roughly equal value (please specify)

8.0%
  1. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I can afford both, but... I don't wanna spend that much, it adds up. Let's get some opinions going :)

Oh, and since there's always one person who says it... I know they're different genres, and yes I can compare 'cause that's how decisions are made.

2. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Hybrid: Eternal Whisper was a really big let down. It's gonna need a massive update to make it anymore fun. The controls are iffy and the graphics unattractively old-school (not the cool looking retro). Attacks are limited and the gesture attacks work only half the time. Baseball Superstars 2009 was fantastic, no doubt 2010 is doubly so. Poll?

3. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Alright!

4. kingkong120

kingkong120 Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Alright, you'll probably be getting a lot of different answers. But in my opinion, I would go for Hybrid.

I think that it has one of the best storylines of any game and you'll become deeply immersed in it. Some people don't like how the action is, with no exploration. You just go into areas and beat the crap out of everyone and then continue the story.

The many combos and actions take some practice getting used to, but once you get the controls and start beating the crap out of all your enemies, you'll really enjoy it.

It is an RPG action game, and you can level up stats and learn new skills, all the while powering up your character with the best equipment. I highly recommend this game, and I do prefer it over Zenonia, although that may be because I haven't played Zenonia in a while.

I beta tested Baseball Superstars 2010 and I must say it is a dramatic improvement over the BS 2009. There's new controls for the game, although I still stick to the original. There's multiplayer but its not actually against the real person. I had a great time playing it, and if you did play BS 2009, just imagine that with every issue improved.

I believe that all Gamevil games are highly polished and long-lasting games. The choice is up to you, but my vote goes to Hybrid.

5. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Well this is tough... I haven't ever actually played any baseball games and I've never played it in real life either, in fact I'm not even 100% on the rules... but I liked the demo for 09 and the upgrades/collectable items draw me to it. As for Hybrid, it seems a lot of the people who are disappointed were expecting more (especially after Zenonia), but I'd never heard of it so I wasn't expecting anything and I think I can probably appreciate it's simplicity.

I'll probably be here this time tomorrow still trying to make my mind up.

6. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Meteor Blitz. And Blue Defense.

7. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    I think that's the second time you've recommended Blue Defense to me, but no one else has ever mentioned it :p Is it really that good?

8. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I didn't really like it that much, but it's a a hit and miss for some. The style just isn't for me, but isn't there a light version? Ok, back to Algebra 2.

9. TorresxVilla

TorresxVilla Member

May 27, 2009
    Both great games...I have both.

Hybid has a great story and characters, although a bit lacking on the controls...

BS is a awesome game too.

10. Muzic <3

Muzic <3 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2009
    BS 2010 is impossible... Hardest game besides Ninja TD.

11. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    Psh!! Hybrid: Eternal Whisper was amazing! I mean come on, so what about the graphics, so what if it only had 16MB, atleast it had a great story line and I did enjoy the controls myself! I'm tired of just the regular buttons, it gets extremely boring button mashing when you can swipe your fingers like crazy. If you acually made it to one of the top 20 like I did in the past, you'd think this would be awsome. I mean come on, you can also send people mail, gifts, and coins to each other. Shure not your average multiplayer game, but hey! Hybrid is KICKASS!!!

I find Baseball Superstars okay because it's just upgrading, customizing, and just swinging the bat, aka button mashing. Shure you could do some moves, but it's just a alright game that will still go on my list of pretty good games.

12. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Kinda leaning towards BS 2010 but...

...that's putting me off now :p

13. Muzic <3

Muzic <3 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Seriously, this game is soo FRUSTRATING, be prepared to spend hours playing this game to even be DECENT. I have NEVER scored a home run. Get hybrid.

14. TorresxVilla

TorresxVilla Member

May 27, 2009
    I find it alright...

I'm pretty sure you can adjust the difficulty.

I love Hyrbid...it's just that at times, the controls are a bit frustrating...
    I would swipe like 5 times, and get no response. However, it is a beautiful game.

Get Hybrid. :)

15. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

#15 Aurora, Sep 25, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
    I would suggest Hybrid; partly because I have no interest in baseball and the difficulty level put me off. I would prefer Zenonia over Hybrid however, since it has more RPG elements. Hybrid is basically one screen at a time, no exploration at all.

16. STP_Tim

STP_Tim Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Baseball Superstars is one of my favorite series on the iPhone, but Hybrid was a lot of fun (even if not totally my cup of tea). So, do you want heavy action and plot or a full-blown, in-depth baseball game with tons of replay value? Both are good choices, dependent on your preferred genre.

17. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Is there any replayability in Hybrid? Stuff to collect, upgrade, stat levelling?

18. kingkong120

kingkong120 Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    BS 2010 isn't that difficult, you just gotta keep on playing
    I will admit that BS 2010 will probably last longer than Hybrid, but I still stick with my choice with Hybrid.

19. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    I suck at BS 2010 :(
    I like them both though, but I would get Hybrid

20. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    I've just remembered Underworlds exists... I might get that :p