IsoWords

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by mbrandonw, Nov 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mbrandonw

mbrandonw Well-Known Member

#1 mbrandonw, Nov 19, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2009
    IsoWords is a word search game wrapped onto a cube. Connect adjacent letters to form words (same old story), but the third time a letter is used its cube will be removed. This presents a novel finiteness to the word search genre.

Features include:

- Play for 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 minutes, or free play until the cube is completely gone.
    - Internal high score engine and statistics record lots of interesting information about your games.
    - Challenge a friend to beat your scores (of any game ever played, past or present) on Facebook, Twitter or through email.

I'm not posting a video yet, but probably in the next few days.

*UPDATE* I now have a video:

I am also knee deep in the next iteration of this game, which will include Bluetooth multiplayer (with a variety of game types, ranging from vanilla "play at the same time and compare words after", to an intense all out battle for words), dictionaries for other languages + localizations, among other things.

I removed these screenshots because they were old... newer ones below...

I am the sole developer of this app, operating under my company Opetopic (pronounced ope-uh-tope-ick). If you want to follow IsoWords' progress, follow me on twitter @opetopic or visit my site www.opetopic.com, www.opetopic.com/isowords (bare bones right now).

Thanks for reading.

2. mynameisdenis

mynameisdenis Member

Nov 20, 2009
    Not bad but book worm better!!!

3. mbrandonw

heh, well thanks. Bookworm is a behemoth to compete with. I will post a video to show some gameplay.

4. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    Looks good.

5. mbrandonw

6. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Looks like the sort of game I'm after. Bookworm simply looks too childish to me so this could easily be the solution :)

If you want to embed the video in your original post:

[media=youtube]9tWU7OnD1D4[/media]

I haven't embedded it myself cause you seem to have the video on private so you'll have to fix that first ;)

7. mbrandonw

#7 mbrandonw, Dec 1, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2009
    Hey, glad to hear that someone is interested in it ... developing this game has consumed my life a bit.

I took down the above video because I added new artwork. However, here is a trailer of the game (this vid _is_ marked as private b/c I am still working on it, but it is embeddable):

I also have a new gameplay vid, but youtube doesn't seem to be working for me now. I will upload it in a little while.

Also, here are some screenshots of the *final* artwork. I should be submitting this game to the app store in a few days.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I also have the app fully localized in Spanish, French and German, and 7 more languages nearly done ... so, hopefully it is a game almost everyone can enjoy.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. mbrandonw

Hey, I just posted a full run through of IsoWords:

This should give a sense of almost everything you can do in the game.

9. QuickWit

QuickWit Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Video Writer, Director, Producer
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Game is looking really good. Looking forward to picking this one up...

10. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG