1. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Manchester, England
    Hey guys, hope you're all well. Also hope you're enjoying the holidays and the time off school, college and such, I know I am!

Anyway, I've recently noticed my iTunes recipts, and the amount I spend on apps is phenomenal. More specifically, it's the amount of apps I download that's the worry.

So, I was wondering if any of you do, how do you stop or limit yourselves with downloading apps?

I know the obvious ones such as "iTunes account balance" and "set yourself a weekly balance" but are there any more new, different, maybe more intriguing ones?

Thanks, and MERRY CHRISTMAS!
    Ell

2. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    Stop coming to websites that talk about apps might be one way. If you are less aware of what's out and great, maybe you wouldn't buy as much.

You could tell yourself to wait a while for the price of an app to drop. That might help you to save some money too.

3. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Try to get as much information about a certain game/app as possible before you make your decision. I tend to get info fro:

- Articles
    - Previews
    - Reviews
    - Videos
    - User feedback
    - Etc...

After that I make my decision and now I am to the point where my being selective has really paid off. You sometimes have to be patient to get the necessary accumulated information needed but it will be well worth the investment.

Also buying/downloading to many things too soon is a bad idea. You will find yourself with pages of games/apps that you try out a couple times at most then they will collect dust because your too busy looking for other things to purchase.

Hope that helps. ;)

4. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    My philosophy is that if I really want an app, I'll get it, if I don't really want it, I won't get it.

I also often won't buy apps when I'm tired, because I can't be bothered. (Yes, I know I'm lazy XD)