Be careful with the time wasters like inasisi

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by DomAjean, Aug 6, 2013.

1. DomAjean

DomAjean Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    #1 DomAjean, Aug 6, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
    EDIT:

After some talk, I have decided to delete the messages in the thread. Thanks for the advice.

Here's the last 2 messages:

ThreeCubes

Well I agree its a cheap price maybe he just had no idea what ball park it cost for bespoke music after all its $30 for a non bespoke incomputech track or maybe he just did not like your portfolio on sound cloud. (By the way I love Crazy Crystal Cavern and I would expect a $200 tag for it).

I meant to say Its unlikely he would ever make $400 from his game (but edited after you post). The over whelming majority of iOS developers lose money.

Maybe he did not answer to the demo because he did not want you to make it. You did tell him you would not make it until he agrees. Now your sending him multiple pms asking for feed back on a demo he did not want you to make. In his shoes i would not respond either, its a very arkward position you have put him in.

What does he say.

"why have you made this demo you told me you would not make it unless i agreed, i did not agree. Stop emailing me".

He may feel really bad that you made a demo even though he did not want it. and it seems like your banging down his door asking for money and if you don't get it you will bad mouth him to the rest of the world.

Ultimately slagging him of only really makes you look bad. Not responding to a rates PM or a demo that he did not agree to is no justification for it.

Im happy to delete all my posts if you do if you want to close the thread as its really not helping you as every developer on here is going to avoid even asking for Rates pms if theres a risk of you going off and doing a demo without consent or agreement.

(going to bed back in 8 hours)

DomAjean

...I guess you are right.

In any possible way that I would put this story, it doesn't give me the right to use him as a subject for my angry thread lol. I didn't tell him that I wouldn't make a demo, I said for now, check out my portfolio...I think I should have put my message in another way.

But I still believe in everything that I said...music composers and sound designers for video games are being really badly exploited...they work their asses off and usually don't get much from their work.

Alright, let's delete all this because you and flathead are obviously right on the bad looking part, even thought it doesn't really affect me because I am working on a big project at the moment...still, I don't wanna people to hate me! :p

I am not a bad person, I am just an honest worker that is trying to live from his passion!

And thanks for the kind comments about my music, it's really appreciated!

2. flathead

flathead Active Member

May 16, 2013
    I'd seriously considering deleting this thread. Unfortunately, thats how people are and they don't always do what they say.

This thread does nothing to help your business or reputation, it will only negatively hurt it. The world is filled with tire kickers, you aren't the first to be affected by them and you won't be the last.

3. DomAjean

Aug 25, 2011
    #3 DomAjean, Aug 6, 2013
    Deleted

4. ThreeCubes

ThreeCubes Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    #4 ThreeCubes, Aug 6, 2013
    Mods please delete this thread

It spoke of the future and the mystery of the universe but its all been deleted

Also Louis Vuitton bags.

5. DomAjean

Aug 25, 2011
    #5 DomAjean, Aug 6, 2013
    deleted

6. DomAjean

Aug 25, 2011
    #6 DomAjean, Aug 6, 2013
    deleted

7. ThreeCubes

Oct 13, 2012
    #7 ThreeCubes, Aug 6, 2013
    Move along

8. DomAjean

Aug 25, 2011
    #8 DomAjean, Aug 6, 2013
    deleted

9. ThreeCubes

Oct 13, 2012
    #9 ThreeCubes, Aug 6, 2013
    Nothing to see here

10. DomAjean

Aug 25, 2011
    #10 DomAjean, Aug 6, 2013
    deleted

11. ThreeCubes

Oct 13, 2012
    #11 ThreeCubes, Aug 7, 2013
    Keep calm and carry on

12. DomAjean

Aug 25, 2011
    #12 DomAjean, Aug 7, 2013
    deleted

13. ThreeCubes

Oct 13, 2012
    #13 ThreeCubes, Aug 7, 2013
    What ever you do don't delete your posts your formula is clearly the cure for ...

14. DomAjean

Aug 25, 2011
    ...I guess you are right.

In any possible way that I would put this story, it doesn't give me the right to use him as a subject for my angry thread lol. I didn't tell him that I wouldn't make a demo, I said for now, check out my portfolio...I think I should have put my message in another way.

But I still believe in everything that I said...music composers and sound designers for video games are being really badly exploited...they work their asses off and usually don't get much from their work.

Alright, let's delete all this because you and flathead are obviously right on the bad looking part, even thought it doesn't really affect me because I am working on a big project at the moment...still, I don't wanna people to hate me! :p

I am not a bad person, I am just an honest worker that is trying to live from his passion!

And thanks for the kind comments about my music, it's really appreciated!

15. This is one strange thread.

16. DomAjean

Aug 25, 2011
    yea...sorry it's hard to follow if you weren't there before since I deleted all my posts.