Turbo ZapZap - Beta Testers wanted

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by MadeOfDinosaurs, Dec 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadeOfDinosaurs

MadeOfDinosaurs Active Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Videogame Developer
    UK
    #1 MadeOfDinosaurs, Dec 31, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2017
    Hi everyone! I've been working on this over the Christmas break, it's based on a prototype I made last year but has come on loads since then.

Update! - as promised, I've replaced the screenshot with a video, which I hope gets the game across much better.

It's a fast, super easy to play, short session arcade style shoot 'em up! - Fly your Starfighter through treacherous terrain collecting coins and powerups while taking on the invading alien bad guys.

There's 5 different ships to pilot, a variety scenery, and a selection of useful upgrades like better weapons and Turbo Breaks! (surprisingly useful).

I've an iOS build that should be available via TestFlight soon (it's in beta submission), so if you'd like to try it out early, post in this thread.

mikey

2. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    I've renamed the thread, to make it clearer that beta testers are required.

Anyone interested?

3. stvnorman

stvnorman Member
    Patreon Silver

Jan 19, 2016
    European Marketing Manager, big electronics corpor
    Bedford, UK
    I'll try it out for you.

4. MadeOfDinosaurs

Aug 30, 2011
    Videogame Developer
    UK
    Awesome! That'd be very cool- could you send me the email address to send the invite to please and I'll get that out tonight.

5. MadeOfDinosaurs

Aug 30, 2011
    Videogame Developer
    UK
    I've just got back from Holiday, and thought I'd take a moment to show off the latest progress on the game.

I've changed the wall rendering, so it's not quite as chunky!
    Added a few more enemy types (I want to add more yet, and make them a bit more 'unique').
    I've also started work on a mission system that seems to be coming along nicely, but that's not obvious in the video.
    I'm still working on colour palettes after some useful feedback, but getting something that's both clear for everyone and looks cool is tricky!

If anyone has any questions or suggestions, please do let me know.

mikey

6. MadeOfDinosaurs

Aug 30, 2011
    Videogame Developer
    UK
    Time for another irregular update!

I've altered the way the walls are generated to make the passages more interesting, there are also a few more enemies to shoot or avoid, turrets, asteroids and crater monsters!

One area I've been working on quite a bit is the Daily Missions - I'm up to 5 'types', eventually there'll be more, and variations on each to give lots of unique challenges.

It's fairly easy to collect coins in game, so I've added more things to spend them on - mostly weapon modifiers. More to come if they prove popular.

If you're interested in having a go - please do let me know, I currently have plenty of TestFlight slots available.

mikey

7. MadeOfDinosaurs

Aug 30, 2011
    Videogame Developer
    UK
    Hello!

I've been a bit quiet recently, but just wanted to let you know that Turbo Zap Zap is out worldwide tomorrow!!!

If you download, hope you have fun!

Thanks,

Mikey

8. dadiduekappa

dadiduekappa Well-Known Member

Cannot find it!

9. MadeOfDinosaurs

Aug 30, 2011
    Videogame Developer
    UK
    ..'out worldwide tomorrow!!!' :p

I've just hit the 'go now' button to start it rolling out - it usually takes a few hours for a game to populate all of Apples servers, but thanks for the enthusiasm :)

10. dadiduekappa

dadiduekappa Well-Known Member

Ahahaha!!! Sorry, I really miss "tomorrow" reading too fast the message :D