Do you you think we will see more StarWars ports?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by handintoaster, Jun 1, 2013.

1. handintoaster

handintoaster Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    After getting Star Wars knights of the old republic and seeing its success, do you think we will see games like battlefront become ported to the IPad?

2. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Battlefront is a longshot, unless they wanted to hype number 3.
    Lego star wars complete maybe.

3. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    With KOTOR's release on the iPad, hopefully this means Aspyr Media will be porting over some more classics to the app store.

4. SSquared

SSquared Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Software Developer
    Pacific Northwest
    ^^^^^ That's what I'm hoping, too. I'm thinking "Empire at War" maybe next. I think they did the Mac version. Though I've always wanted to see 'Rebellion' on the iPad, but I doubt that will happen as I don't think it was a very big seller.

5. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    I'm definitely hoping KOTOR does well enough for the powers-that-be to recognize the potential of the iOS market and start doing this sort of thing more often in the future. Recent press releases have confirmed Disney's commitment to releasing more SW games for mobile platforms, but I had this nagging feeling that they'd prefer releasing simpler, more casual and social-oriented games.
    There is a wealth of Star Wars titles that could find a new home in mobile devices.

6. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I'd actually like some of the more action oriented games like the Jedi Knight and Rogue Squadron series.