Need Marketing ideas to promote this game!

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by IPhoneAppLover, Jan 21, 2013.

1. IPhoneAppLover

IPhoneAppLover Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
  2. BravadoWaffle

BravadoWaffle Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    Game Designer
    Get more screenshots. Use every slot available to share screenshots of the game. No reason *EVER* to just have on screenshot on the app store.

3. IPhoneAppLover

Nov 18, 2009
    #3 IPhoneAppLover, Jan 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
    Thanks....That I'll do today...actually I have 5 screen shots uploaded for 360x480 sizes before...I need to upload them for the IPhone 5 sizes. I tried to fix defects which earlier users complained about...The users will directly compare (rightly so) this game with Doodle Jump which is a $15 million product.....So really tough job to get even a 1% of their market share....I thought if people like one game they would probably be interested to play similar game with a different flavor if quality is good...But really understood later on that it's really tough job to make such a game particularly when you work in your spare time....

4. Stephen Richard

Stephen Richard Active Member

Jan 2, 2013
    USA
    Promote your app successfully

As a game developer you should submit your app in quality review sites in order to get your app reviewed.

Create your press kit so that it make easier for app reviewers to do their jobs.

Submit your press release for PR websites, so that your release is distributed towards a wide range of media outlets.

Make sure whether your iTunes App store page is more attractive in order to achieve more downloads.

promo codes is a famous marketing technique for app developers, with 69% of respondents sending out using this.

Make Trailers, previews and sneak-peak videos which makes customers excited.

5. Vetasoft

Vetasoft Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2010
    If you need a trailer, check out our signature.

6. comboapp

comboapp Well-Known Member

hi,

you surely should add more screenshots (be careful with that red and white font). Other than that:

- google the most popular forums to announce your game there and encourage communication. less popular forums will also work for indexation
    - find a list of reviewers (it is freely available online) and pitch them. Do not copy-pase: each request should be personal. Keep it short and simple.
    - work with FB/Pinterest fan pages
    - try to approach mommy blogger community for reviews since they are your target audience
    - be sure that you have taken care of ASO - listen to a few podcasts, read articles freely available online
    - check out other popular app`s press releases, write your own and use a free pr site to spread it.

It is not easy to run it all alone, good luck!

7. IPhoneAppLover

Nov 18, 2009
    Screenshot update.....

Thanks. Just realized Apple has stopped allowing screenshot updates...So I need to submit a new binary.
    https://developer.apple.com/news/index.php?id=1092013a

One more question, if your app becomes no. one in any country should you spend money to advertise in that country then?
    One of my free app became no. one in Australia and Newzeland among all free apps in App store and I was earning $400 per day then. But I didn't spend money on Ads. Is that a mistake?

8. I would spend money to prolong its No. 1 position.

9. pat3ck

pat3ck Active Member

10. IPhoneAppLover

Nov 18, 2009
  11. J.O.Y

J.O.Y Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2011
    Male
    Head of Product at Imba Games
    Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
    Just my small comment. Your icon is not very nice. I guess because of the free word.
    For the screen shots, the red font is quite bad looking IMO. And you don't need to add the credit to the screen shot (1st image).
    Just my 2 cents.
    Giang Anh

12. raekess

raekess Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2013
    Product Manager
    Lafayette, CO
    Great, bright colors - font hard to read

Hi! I'd agree with some of the others here - the red and white font on your screenshots is very hard to read.

Also, on your iTunes Preview page, you've got a "What's Unique" line (beneath your WARNING: This is a super addictive game!!!) and then list nothing that makes your game unique - you only have a support link. Give reasons why your game's unique and why people should download and play it.

Have you written a press release? I've heard a lot about http://dopresskit.com/ from other developers.

Good luck!!

13. IPhoneAppLover

Nov 18, 2009
    Thanks for the suggestions.....

Thanks for the suggestions....changed the screenshots/icons.
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fishy-jump-free-new-addiction!/id468393257?mt=8

Wanted to experiment, so submitted an update to Apple...Now an English
    word will be hidden starting from the height 5000, user has to identify the word to get bonus points. Consecutive letters would be shown in the height 5k,10k,15k,20k...for the word - player has to find/guess the word after he falls down.
    Whole idea is that how to make the game addictive - or tempting the player to play one more time. May be this is a weird idea of no value - just wanted to experiment as there is nothing to loose!...Changed one of the sub-category to Words!

Attached Files:

14. stromstock

stromstock Active Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Freelance writer for tech magazines. Master of pup
    Kiel, Germany
    TranslationsÂ…

… should never be made via Google Translate alone. At least in the German App Store the description is rather senseless. Sometimes it's more useful to stick to English than looking unprofessionaly.

15. IPhoneAppLover

Nov 18, 2009
    Thanks for pointing out. You are right....

16. IPhoneAppLover

Nov 18, 2009
    Apple featured it Word sub-category in 10 countries...

But I think this is a consolation prize from Apple - featuring in sub-category does not make any changes in download I guess....

17. Got No.1 position? That's great. I cannot believe anyone who did this still ask for marketing ideas. Or, you achieve that without marketing? Unbelieveable. Can I know which app is?

18. IPhoneAppLover

Nov 18, 2009
    App name is 'What's My Age? Magic'
    Well here is the history behind the app. When I was developing 'Fishy Jump' it was taking much longer time. So I thought let me develop a very short fun game in a week-end which I'll use to promote this 'Fishy Jump'. So I came up with a math trick age calculation game in a week-end. But funny thing is that this game got popular but the 'Fishy Jump' which I worked almost 6 months of my spare time - failed.

19. Apptopia

Apptopia Member

Feb 13, 2013
    Boston, MA
  20. Black Ops

Black Ops Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2011
    Game Dev, SEM, Analytics
    Philadelphia, Pa
    Contest

Which admin will be the one to ban the Apptopia spammer threadcrapping their blog posts?