Hey anyone making a roller coaster tycoon game?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by dumbname, Nov 29, 2009.

1. dumbname

dumbname Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    I've been playing it non stop on my PC lately and I was thinking that it'd be great if it was brought into the app store. Anyone know if any game like this is coming out?

2. Seishu

Seishu Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Student
    us of a
    Karnival is one of the best carnival tycoon games, though as for roller coasters, there isn't much out there.

3. deiden26

deiden26 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    I have wanted one ever since I got my iPhone. It would be doable, profitable, and enjoyable, but for some reason it has yet to be done. Oh well, I guess I will keep waiting.

4. pcmaster

pcmaster Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    It probably hasn't been done because it needs too much memory and would have to be scaled down a lot. It would need a lot of work by a big company like sim city 4. A big team would be needed to work on it for a while.

5. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Manchester, England
    Seriously, a Roller Coaster Tycoon style game would rake the money in! However, it'd take a lot of developing to get it as good as the PC version.

6. Grumps

Grumps Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Feb 2, 2009
    iOS Game Developer
    Karnival is pretty fun but towards the end, you'd realize that you're just playing endlessly to unlock items etc. There is no proper quest to guide/help you progress or even to set a goal of playing.

7. dumbname

dumbname Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Well simcity is on the iPod so I'd assume roller coaster tycoon wouldn't be that hard.