Stealth (MGS / Tenchu style game)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by NicolasLiatti, Aug 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 NicolasLiatti, Aug 26, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
    Hi all,

I've been working on this game for 1 year and a half, and I finally just submitted it to the Appstore review.

I made this game as I couldn't find games providing the same stealth feelings than games such as Metal Gear Solid, where you need to hide behind walls and observe your ennemies before attacking them.

There are 6 different environments in a whole world (everything is connected, those are not just separate missions), several weapons, and around 3-4h of Gameplay to complete the game.

I hope you will enjoy it :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Video

PS: I don't manage to embed the video directly in the post :(

2. Bandit TA

Bandit TA Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Looks awesome! :D

3. Bandit TA

Jul 23, 2014
    Auckland, New Zealand
  4. Bandit TA

Jul 23, 2014
    Auckland, New Zealand
    You can't add links cause you are new.

5. Creamer2010

Creamer2010 Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Poland
    Game look's good.And price?

6. Redneck assassin want to do the same as this in a different universe. Can be cool. I don't know.

7. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    #7 JCho133, Aug 26, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
    The trailer looks really good, and has me optimistic that this will be the first really quality Thief-esque stealth title on iOS.

My only complaint is that bodies disappear. To me that breaks immersion and can make the game too easy

8. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Trailer and screenshots are good. Any news about the price and review date?

9. For the price, I am thinking around 4.49$. What do you think about it?

The game is currently in review on the Appstore, I'm planning a release on September 4th.

10. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    That's great, the title looks like you put a lot of effort into this.

11. It took me around 1 year and a half (especially at nights :) ) to complete it.

I should have the website and a trailer ready in 2-3 days, and then I simply hope that players will enjoy the game :)

Here are 2 other videos:
    - another environment (a forest): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttjuUPRdm_M
    - another aspect of the game, with some enigmas to solve: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhQSa8UVESM

12. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    @NicolasLiatti: Thank you. Nice to listen to this information. :)

13. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
  14. Mamalovesyou

Mamalovesyou Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2014
    Don't want to harsh or anything as the game looks decent but top down view is pointless in a stealth game,you should switch it to 3rd person and keep it that way,not a single stealth That I know in history has worked from a bird's eye view.I strongly suggest you switch to 3rd person and remove bird'a eye view.

Apart from that if you do make that change then it's a Instabuy.:)

15. Joke right ? I saw you didn't play Metal Gear games.

16. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    looking great. still missed some of the key component, but it looks quite good for now.

17. Actually, when I started this game I just wanted to recreate the MGS gameplay on mobile, so I adapted exactly the same views: top view for movement, and close to the character when you are against a wall. There are some dynamic small camera changes depending if you are in a room, a corridor or outside, to always provide a good view on the situation.
    There is moreover a fps view (in which you can move) if you want to observe the enemies, in addition to the radar.

All the Metal Gear Solid 1, 2 and 3 have the same views. It works really well in "small environment", and there is of course to the radar to visualize the guards and their field of view :)

18. I'm not sure to understand what you mean, could you please elaborate?

19. Your game is more MGS 2 than the others. And hey, i said Metal Gear, Metal Gear, not Solid...

20. Actually I would say it's closer to MGS1 (I played it again while making my game, especially to study the camera movement), but I take MGS2 as a good reference as well :)

But as far as I know the 3 first MGS have the same camera system, which is a top view and changing closer to the player when you take cover. Or am I missing something?
    They switched to the 3rd person camera with MGS3 Subsistence: there is no radar in MGS3 letting you know where are the enemies, so in this case the top view was not adapted and could be very frustrating.