Danger Alliance: Battles [Releasing 12th October] [TOME Studios]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by TOMEStudios, Oct 8, 2011.

1. TOMEStudios

TOMEStudios Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    #1 TOMEStudios, Oct 8, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2011
    Hey!

The two of us over at TOME Studios have some exciting news! Danger Alliance: Battles is ready and it will be available on the App Store on October the 12th!

Danger Alliance brings tactical turn-based gaming to your fingertips, giving you a visually rich 3D battlefield upon which you will find squads of quirky characters wielding deadly, outlandishly oversized weapons. The goal of the game? Use your brain and their unique skills to humiliate your friends on the battlefield (using hot-seat style multiplayer), or take on the binary power of your advanced computing device (iPhone, iPad and iPod!) and pummel it, in-game, with your baseball bat or monkey wrench.

The first release, dubbed Danger Alliance: Battles has two game-modes based around a skirmish style of play, including ‘Strategic Victory’ and 'Elimination'. Each squad is customisable and the characters all have their own unique weapons and abilities. You need to learn their strengths and weakness and adjust your tactics accordingly and, as you increase your mastery, the AI is ready to ramp up with you. It’s like Chess, with rocket launchers. We’re giving the game away for free with a single battlefield to play on in the "Lite" version, and if you'd like to help us out; paid users will get even more gorgeous, highly tactical battlefields and additional characters to continue the action!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. NyaTaku

NyaTaku Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Ohmygod.

Cannot wait. :O

3. juan13

juan13 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2010
    You are in my mind mate :D

4. Stream

Stream Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Student
    Australia
    Looks very nice, 4-5 days to go!

5. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    Awesome is the dev team on here? any idea on price and filesize? im a bit ancey...begin the strategy nutjob gamer i am...lol :)

6. TOMEStudios

Jul 1, 2010
    We're just finalising our pricing and I'll have word on that in a day or so. As for filesize, the upload to the app store came in at just over 60 Meg. It's a fine line to walk between size and gorgeous textures/animations but I think we nailed it.

7. Stream

Stream Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Student
    Australia
    60MEG is fine, can't wait. :)

8. spockgold007

spockgold007 Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2011
    death star
    great news!

9. illustranaut

illustranaut Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Graphic Designer & illustrator
    Sat at my laptop
    Seriously don't know if I have enough drool to last 'til wednesday... Me want now! :)

10. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    What do you mean by the first release? Are sequels or other versions being anticipated?

Can you elaborate on what will be included with paid version on launch? Is this insinuating additional material will continue to be updated or is this from the get go?

Thanks in advance. Looking forward to Danger Alliance.

11. devensega

devensega Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2011
    I wantssssssssss it.

12. juan13

juan13 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2010
    I believe there will be just updates, no sequels
    I also feel that if they manage to give to Danger Alliance asynchronous multiplayer, it will be easily become an iOS must have game. The art is amazing, I am sure these guys have put so much effort to make the gameplay amazing, so, I am more than sure that this will be an awesome experience!

13. TOMEStudios

Jul 1, 2010
    We will be releasing updates to the game to give some core features like a campaign and multiplayer.

Being a very small team with big dreams, we imagined releasing a fully polished campaign mode, multiplayer mode and skirmish mode all at once but found our high standards got in the way.

Our limited resources forced us to focus on one thing and seeing as skirmish mode was the core of all three we pushed ahead with that. This allowed us to really nail down the finer points of the game rules and round out the whole turn based experience. It actually left us with an excellent head-to-head turn based battle system that's loads of fun to play and pass the time with.

We still have a 'mostly working' campaign and multiplayer mode (we've played async games between us across two cities which was loads of fun) but we just ran out of funds for the polish that makes it something we're proud of.

Releasing Danger Alliance: Battles lets us put forward an awesome tactical rule system presented in a gorgeous way - and you'll have countless hours of head scratching to work out the best tactics. And as a side bonus, it gets things moving for our business so we can put the same care into the other features we will be putting into Danger Alliance.

Hope that answers your question!

14. brady3superbwl

brady3superbwl Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2011
    Aww no iPhone version. :( :( :(

15. TOMEStudios

Jul 1, 2010
    Where did you see that? I'll have to fix that up - Danger Alliance: Battles works on iPhone 3GS and up, iPod Touch 3rd generation and up and iPad 1 and 2!

It's even running on an iPhone in the video!

16. zombiesmoke

zombiesmoke Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Awesome, I hope it's not as brutally difficult as Great Little War Game:D

17. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    What?? GLWG wasn't brutal... It was hard even the first campaign but it wasn't brutal! It was genius... This looks like GLWG+FF Tactics :p

18. Farmer Harv

Farmer Harv Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2009
    Really looking forward to this! Looks like it has lots of character, polish and tactical goodness. :)

19. juan13

juan13 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2010
    Actually there are 6 characters, and I believe you choose 5 of them for each battle

20. devensega

devensega Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2011
    Errr, I think you may want to re-visit GLWG mate. It was never brutal, you just have to follow the rock paper scissors mechanic.

Looking forward to this, from the shots it looks closer to FF tactics than Advance Wars/GLWG. Amiright?