Games like Galcon?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by DeadGuy427, Feb 3, 2014.

1. DeadGuy427

DeadGuy427 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    US Army Infantry
    Lacey, WA
    I am trying to find a quality game along the lines of Galcon or oil rush...I know I have seen similar games, capturing control points and such, but I can't find a thread or a title to help me find a decent one. I have been playing Blue Libra II, but I would love any other titles I have missed. Thanks!

2. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Supremacy Wars allllll the way man

3. katelara

katelara New Member

Feb 3, 2014
    #3 katelara, Feb 3, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
    So I logged into my AppStore account just now. I'm trying to download Meltdown which I know I purchased before but instead of the cloud and downward arrow we all know and love, I'm greeted by a button with the numbers 2.99 on it. Now I went to the Top Apps page where I know I have quite a few purchased games lingering and sure enough, all of them have their costs on the button.

Sign up with 117-101 dumps ccna for getting incredible online Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences courses exam and ACCA. We also provide best University of Arkansas at Little Rock and The University of Tokyo with guaranteed success

4. SharpCarlos

SharpCarlos Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2010
    I like the Modern Conflict series.

The second one has multiplayer, but is kind of ruined by a freemium/leveling scheme. It's no fun to play against somebody who simply paid for better stats and so has a huge advantage. It's also no fun to put time into it and then play against somebody who's new and is at a huge DISadvantage. If it were a straight-up fair fight, with rankings and a leaderboard, it would be one of my favorite iDevice games.

For single player, my advice is to stick with the first one.

5. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Seattle
    I like: Landgrabbers
    Also maybe look at: Mushroom Wars; Little Conquest; Cosmic Conquest

6. DeadGuy427

DeadGuy427 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    US Army Infantry
    Lacey, WA
    I'm downloading all the suggestions now...thanks! Is there a name for this genre?

7. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    New Galcon being released on Feb 6th!

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Well, Galcon Legends is just released, and should be out worldwide in a little over half a day. ;)

9. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    #9 Bool Zero, Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
    There's a bunch of these games, the problem is that they are loosely categorized under the "Games" generalization or "Tower Defense" of which they are loosely a sub genre dubbed "Arcade Strategy" of them which makes it hard for folks to find them. Some of these fall more squarely into the Galcon-like than others but all are essentially the same aspect you are asking TC. Here are some I own:

Blue Libra 1 & 2
    Control Craft 1,2 & 3
    Risk
    Conquist 1 & 2
    Modern Conflict 1&2
    Supremacy Wars
    Landgrabbers
    Global Conflict
    Mushroom Wars
    Holy War
    Fantasy Conflict
    Little Conflict
    Empires II
    Castle Wars
    Cosmic Conflict
    World Conquerer
    Blood and Honor
    Glory of Generals (and the sequel)
    The Orion War 2
    Trees of Life

I know I am missing a bunch as I own even more of these but the names escape me...

Also, while not as Galcon-Like here are some worthy mentions:
    Majesty
    Great Little War Game
    Great Big War Game
    Uniwar
    Warlands