Do you want to play Magic the Gathering on iPhone or another CCG?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by wikoogle, Jul 1, 2009.

1. wikoogle

wikoogle Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    #1 wikoogle, Jul 1, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2010
    Let Wizards know. A magic the gathering card player would be awesome. Many people here said they want to play a CCG on the iPhone but few people would learn a brand new ccg made just for the iPhone. But the existing mtg game made by wizards would be a perfect fit for it.

I note that the majority of MTG players have iPhones. I think it's bc MTG is a pricy game so most who have that kind of disposable income often have the best phone that money can buy as well. This app would rocket to the top 50 of the app store and thus draw in a lot of new players too.

The ideal thing would be for them to port the duel of the planeswalkers game they made for the xbox 360 but with the ability to edit your decklists. not being able to edit the decklists is the only flaw with Duels. Email them please by clicking the "email us" tab here...

[email protected],
    [email protected]
    http://wizards.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wizards.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php?p_sid=c1s3lLBj

Edit:

Please please include this suggestion to your email...

2. thevagrant

thevagrant Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    OH yes I would... MTG would be great, i'll buy Yugioh, wow or others as well !

3. NagaRoyalGuard

NagaRoyalGuard Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    #3 NagaRoyalGuard, Jul 1, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
    I doubt that they would be able to create a somehow accurate MtG game for iPhone which isn't a nightmare to play with. I mean, all that stuff that has to be represented on a few square inches screen doesn't seem very smooth to me.

4. SoCal_Sponger

SoCal_Sponger Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2009
  5. matax

matax Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    I'm playing mtg duel of the planeswalkers in these days.
    it would be amazing on the iphone.

6. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

I never played this before but i did start playing in XBLA and im loving it. And to have it in my pocket would be sooooo cool.

7. MojoArcanus

MojoArcanus Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    YES!
    MTG would ROCK!!!!!:D

8. wikoogle

Jun 10, 2009
    Please Email wizards with the Email Us tab in the link I posted above. Be sure to ask them to include the ability to fully edit you decklists unlike the xbox version.

Tell them about how the XBL version was ur first exposure to the game but now plan to play it at card shops and how an iPhone version could likewise bring in a lot of new players to the game.

9. IzzyNobre

IzzyNobre Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    I fully support this, AND I'll be showing this thread to my twitter followers to try and garner more attention to this idea.

I'll email them right away. Hope they respond to customers in a timely fashion.

With microtransactions they could even sell boosters within the app and rake in ungodly amounts of money. This could be freaking HUGE (provided it has online multiplayer)

10. IzzyNobre

IzzyNobre Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    Here's the email I wrote. Feel free to use it and modify it as you see fit:

11. astrosaurus

astrosaurus Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Designer/Blogger
    Portland, OR
    If there was a quality CCG coming out for the iPhone I would be all over it. Any conceivable genre of game that already exists will probably come out at some point for the app store.

12. wikoogle

Jun 10, 2009
    Fantastic email Izzy Thank You I figured a full on release would take way too long but a port of Duels of the planeswalkers with a deck editor would be awesome for us and to draw in new players as well.

13. wikoogle

Jun 10, 2009
    I just got and played Orions. What a Fantastic game. I would still rather have magic but this will hold me over till then.

14. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    #15 Booch138, Jul 2, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2009
    I kicked ass in the first like... 5 sets of Yu-Gi-Oh (like tourny shit). I played MtG as a side project because I played Yu-Gi-Oh for money/cards at school and people started giving up Magic cards when they lost to me. I ended up making a gnarly Green Elf Deck (super super agressive) and built off that, got better cards then ended up amassing a grip of Magic cards. Never got into like... the most recent sets though. Last time I played competatively was like... 2004. Then I got into the World of Warcraft TCG when it first came out (since at the time I was playing the game), which in my opinion was the best of them all. I know Magic was probably more original for everyone, and not as many people liked the WoW TCG, but it was the best TCG I have ever played. The system worked perfectly, the Hero's were fun as f*ck, and frankly just took what flaws magic had, and fixed them. Seeing something like that would be cool, but Orions is pretty sick. I did enjoy that game a ton.

I would be blown away if we could get some MtG on here though. *drools*

15. sconethief

sconethief Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    I want this... :)
    MTG kicks ass

16. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

You know what I want? An iPhone client for Magic: Online.

Make it happen, Wizards. I will buy your stupid digital packs of cards until the cows come home.

17. XGLITE

XGLITE Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    England
    yes, yes, yes!
    Wizards have just brought plainswalkers for xbla so hopefully they are broadening. The platform would be great for the game and memory and CPU should prove no problem.

18. wikoogle

Jun 10, 2009
    #19 wikoogle, Jul 2, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2009
    Just doing a quick check on the mirc chat room for mtg it's truly sad how many mtg players w iPhones want a ccg on it and have never heard of orions. If I knew you guys will update ur game w online play and more cards I would telling everyone in that chatroom about your game and would be telling them to get it so we can have more players online.

19. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Did that about 6 months ago! =)
    But yes everyone that's wants it should let them know! Great idea!
    I have said from the beginning espicially when Orions came out, that I would prefer MTG over anything they could come up with...