Looking for a piece of advice

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by adamjones, Apr 18, 2011.

1. adamjones

adamjones Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Developer
    I have been looking back to my all applications which I have launched some of them are of good to use and some game apps are addictive to play.

But in most the reviews I found one common issue that is, doesn’t load or crashes or something similar to this…. I don’t know, what would be the possible reason. These apps works well when I am testing on my devices, but crashes on few other users device.

I just want to know that considering, Beta Tester would solve my problem.

2. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Usually an app would not crash, I find that half these people that report crashes are on older devices and way older software. They always blame the developers first without considering if it is there device or Software.

3. STYJ

STYJ Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Student
    Singapore
    Or because you have too many applications running at the same time there isn't enough memory for other apps so it closes by itself . When you're not using something , close it .

4. adamjones

Feb 12, 2011
    Developer
    Thank you guys got a relief, but then is there any importance of beta testers

5. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    This is partly Apple's fault. The idea was that when an app required more RAM than available, already open apps would automatically close themselves. If games are crashing due to memory issues and there are still other apps in the multitask dock then the iOS isn't really living up to its promise.
    In my opinion, most beta testers don't really know much about why crashes happen, so all you really need is to find someone that can send you a crash log.

6. DarwinAce

DarwinAce Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2011
    i agree with triggywiggy, i'm using a jailbroken device, which is usually associated with troubles and such, but i've tried to keep it up to date and clean and i can't say i have a bad experience with crashing apps. Very few games have crashed repeatedly on me, i can just think of 2 or 3 at the moment... and this is out of around 300 at least.

7. lomaelli

lomaelli Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Yeah...I couldn't agree with you more.

8. adamjones

Feb 12, 2011
    Developer
    Thank you once again guys, but idea of getting crash log before releasing the app would be much better to avoid any kind of future issues.

You people were a great help thanks.

regards
    adam

9. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Good to see that i have said something that people agree with for once :D

Success