Steelseries Stratus vs Stratus XL

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by AlexBi, Feb 2, 2015.

1. AlexBi

AlexBi Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Hi guys.
    I have a Steelseries "mini" (the original) and i'm interested about the big version (the XL). Anyone has tried both and can give his opinion?

Many Thanks

2. JindoFox

JindoFox Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    The bigger one is bigger. :)

Not sure what else is going to be relevant. The software should be similar.

I like the teeny weeny one, personally. Fits in my bag better.

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
  4. fury

fury Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 2, 2009
    Steelseries Stratus vs Stratus XL

I have both. I prefer the XL by a wide margin. Feels like a real controller, and uses AA batteries. That said, if you aren't dead set on a Stratus XL, I'd say go with the full size Mad Catz CTRLi instead, especially if gaming on an iPhone or iPod touch. The clip that holds the device makes all the difference.

5. AlexBi

AlexBi Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Thank You.
    I'm interested about the feeling. I choose little steelseries because i want extreme portability. My doubt was about a second controller for using at home. I supposed the feeling was very better with big controller.
    :)

6. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    #6 redribbon, Feb 4, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
    i have both and i prefer xl over the mini one anytime.

built material in mini feels cheap, button sometimes unresponsive and require a little more pressing to make it work(sometimes). the placement of the buttons just dont seems right. except you have a very tiny hands then ill suggest go for the XL which the built is almost as good as ps4 n xbone controller.

7. kmacleod

kmacleod Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    Artist / Writer / Designer
    California
    The XL is a far better controller than the standard Stratus in every way, but the trigger issues make it difficult with certain games.

I'd recommend the Mad Catz or Hori controllers over the Stratus XL, though the Stratus XL is certainly not bad.