God of War Clone

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by tzual, Mar 14, 2010.

1. tzual

tzual Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    What other God of War clones are there on the iPhone? I've already beaten Hero of Sparta. Are there any others?

2. RankoSao

RankoSao Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    College Student
    State of Hysteria
    Not as far as i know..

3. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    I don't think there are any other, however I remember this one game that came before HoS, and it was similar to GOW, except that you tapped in battle sequences and the movement was mostly automatic. I can't remember what it was called though.

I think that Gameloft might be making a Hero of Sparta 2.
    This is just a prediction, but it makes sense. The original game was enormously successful and now that GOW:3 is about to come out, it might act as a reminder/incentive to Gameloft.

4. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

Kroll

Tehra: Dark Warrior is also a Hack N' Slash, haven't played it though

5. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    #5 squarezero, Mar 14, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2010
    I think you're talking about Kroll. The only other game that is somewhat similar to GoW in gameplay is Tehra the Dark Warrior.

EDIT: Just saw Will's post above. I have played Tehra, and it's actually quite good but very tough. If you approach a fight the wrong way, enemies will keep respawning till they kill you. You have to figure out what to do -- the game doesn't spell things out for you.

6. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    For $.99, sure. It's just basically a fancy side-scroller.

7. Zolty

Zolty Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2010
    Really hard, short, not worth it. But the graphics are Really sick

8. tzual

tzual Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Yeah it's REALLY short. We're talking 3 levels short! I didn't really enjoy it too much. The boss battles are pretty insane though.

9. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    An HoS 2 would be sick, especially considering how far games have come since HoS was released. Hopefully its not just a pipe dream..

10. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

Seriously, you think its not even worth $0.99? That's crazy!

Not many people know this, but there's a secret bonus mode when you complete the game on the hardest difficulty. I think its called black soldier mode and basically an un-damageable soldier (the biggest enemy in the game is called a soldier), rendered in pure black follows you through the levels. As you can't harm it, it forces you to rush through. Quite a cool bonus.

11. acidshaman

acidshaman Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Just wait like 3 months or so after God of War 3, Gameloft will come to the rescue

12. Twiddle

Twiddle Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Shop Lifter
    In your basement.
    Yeah, Hero of Sparta (HoS) is the closest thing to having God of War on the iPhone, and it's a pretty good game.