Game of the week gone?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Jayg2015, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Anyone know where there thread is or is it gone.

2. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    It was too much work to keep going with, quite frankly, not enough interest to justify it.

If you'd like to start it back up, I can outline some info and templates for you.

3. Samulaan

Samulaan Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2011
    Bali
    Understand that it must have taken more work than what the payoff might have resembled but I do wanna say I did appreciate all the effort.

4. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Did it end up getting less votes stickied in the main forum? Because I'd almost never notice it there, while I always found it here in general.

5. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    It did, though I think it was because of the timing, not because of the move between forums.

Undeadcow was in charge of it after taking over from me, but on the weeks when we got 11 votes, I can see why he stopped.

6. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Blame Cyggy.

7. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Well it use to be very accessible and then it moved to another thread in the forum where I never visited so I never seen it. Also I didn't really understand how it worked exactly u had to vote to get a game on the list and then vote on that list?
    I think it would work if it were stickies in this thread and from the start of the game week which is Thursday or what have you, Add every game on the apple new this week and have people vote on that list alone.
    I thought it was a great thread but it was something I visited when I seen it but didn't ever come across it

8. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    The way it worked was (roughly) -

The thread was posted on Thursday (ish).
    You got five nominations, which would be tallied up by Sunday and the top 10 nominees were added to a poll. (The poll is limited to 10 entries, which made nominations necessary half the time).
    Users would vote on the poll until the following Wednesday.

And so on.
    The thread was stickied both here and in the iPhone forums. Whoever runs the thread had to:
    add every eligible game (links and icons) to the first post as they came up.
    tally up the nominations and create a poll.
    count the poll and announce the winner in the following week's thread.

We even tried to drum up interest by posting announcements in each nominated game when the poll came up, but the numbers still weren't there.