Horn or Ravensword ...

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by retr0spective, Dec 30, 2012.

1. retr0spective

retr0spective Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    Which one should I get?

2. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    I have not played Ravensword, but I'd recommend it nonetheless. Horn is flashy and all that, but it is way too long and drawn out. 50% in and it'd be a borefest. I never finished the game as such. The pace is painfully slow too. And you'd get tired of the point n click controls too.

Horn is a classic example of a game with great potential but with an ultimately poor execution.

3. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    If you have enough money, then get both. Each of them is an unique iOS experience. If you liked Infinity blade then you will like Horn too. However Ravensword has free roam and longer gameplay.

If you dont have enough money for both, then get Ravensword: Shadowlands.

4. Pman

Pman Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Texas
    Ravensword: Shadowlands is more worth your money. Longer and better gameplay.

5. Captive

Captive Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Nonsense

6. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    I see that Horn is in your Top 10 GotY list, so no point in arguing with you. Doesn't help that you just wrote nonsense without giving a proper rebuttal.

7. retr0spective

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    #7 retr0spective, Dec 30, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
    This is helpful - watching the movement on the trailers, I did not pick up on the fact that this is a point and click game.

8. retr0spective

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    One of the things that concerns me about investing in Ravensword is that while reading through the thread there seemed to be a long list of bug reports and am wondering if I should hold off until they are fixed.

9. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    ^There are a few issues i encountered, nothing huge though, still had a great time playing it. One of the few games where when i get it i have to play it non stop (where possible) till i finish it.

Horn looks great, hate the controls when i played it, give us an old fashioned d-pad type controller (Orc Vengence was so much better with one)

Actually like the dev as well, very active here and the next update sounds like most issues will be fixed for Ravensword

I bought the game on release as i've been looking forward to it, plus from a selfish point of view i want the dev to do well as i want Aralon II (and the new game he showed a screenshot of)

For £6 despite some bugs/issues i saw it was still a bargain and i had a great time playing it. If we dont support devs/games like this then we'll get freemium games all the time

10. retr0spective

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    Thank you for the feedback. I suppose I can keep playing Max Payne while I wait for a Ravensword update. It is amazing how well that game has aged.