Monster Adventures (Foursaken Media) - monster mixing/roguelike adventure/RPG

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Foursaken_Media, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Game looks like it has a lot of potential.

But after watching the trailer it looks like everything has googly eyes?? :/

2. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Hey, I have googly eyes...

3. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    I'm just about to go to bed but wanted to report that I have spent three hours with the game, just unlocked the second area, beat the first two divisions in the coliseum, and I am still thoroughly enjoying the game.

Definitely think this will be GotW.

4. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    That's great that all you guys are enjoying the game! Sadly I have to wait another painstaking day for it to arrive to my AppStore :p

Just wondering, but the codes are given out tomorrow, right?

5. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Ojitus already has his code, and has been enjoying it immensely.

6. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Any word on price? I apologize if it has been mentioned, ready for bed and stumbled on this post and the impressions seems very positive.

7. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore

8. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

As always... ;)

9. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Yo Foursaken.... I can transfer some money to you from my offshore account if you give me a pre-release code....

10. B3NDoX

B3NDoX Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    The.suspence. Is.killing. Me.

11. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    It's out everyone! Just depends on whethe you want it NOW or wait for the drawing to come out!

12. Rejera

Rejera Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2013
    Drawing already happened, so get it now.

13. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Not out in the US, right?

14. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    No )':

15. Rafy211

Rafy211 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Unicorn Land
    It's out now!!

16. ChaosProdigy

ChaosProdigy Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
    #396 ChaosProdigy, Oct 10, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
    Game is out and it is amazing!

Dear Foursaken Media, you guys rock and i left you a deserved 5 star App store review.

I do have some feedback: at start of game i instinctively tried to walk "forward" or just sping the control stick around to get a feel of my character movement. The next 5-10 seconds were not a good experience because "wilderness" is literally just a sliver of a stick movement up. Before i figured out what was going on i inadvertently tried to enter wilderness 5 times and got 5 popup messages along lines "you can't go there." Immediately I instinctively knew that a few small changes could have made the "first magic in game moment" better for all new players.

Here is some in game feedback from a new player:

First a question: it is a universal game but when i load from my iPhone iCloud it isn't giving me my konster, gold or essences it just keeps starting me as new player on the iPad. Any ideas?

1. Don't start us so close to Wilderness line - the whole " you can't go there " should not be our first experience in game. Then furthermore when i try to walk away from the "wilderness line" when i put my finger on control stick to try and move it down and away that initial touch on the control stick sometimes sends me back towards wilderness a smidgeon and i get same popup! So infuriating and it doesn't help that there is multiple wilderness lines.

2. Put a gate at wilderness so visually we see there is a line there and let the gate open when we are ready to go there.

3. Make the Mayor actually visible or clearly tell us where he is, i was lost running around trying to find him. I talked to nearly everyone and they all said "go talk to Mayor" but none of them pointed me in his direction. I didnt even know i talked to the Mayor until i realized the text was different. What is counter intuitive to me is now i meed to go talk to all the townsfolk again... I would suggest Mayor clearly greeting us at town start screen and THEN we get sent to explore town and talk to rest of thr NPCs. Perhaps a quest arrow or more clear quest marker above his head that sort of glows off screen so i can follow it to quest givers.

*on a side not the wilderness sign "neapowlands" is soooo tiny on iPhone 5 i literally had to put the phone up to my face and try to read it

4. Once we get alot of essences perhaps a "auto equip optimal stats build for damage, defense, survival etc" would save us ALOT of time and especially for bew players.

5. When a essence is in "use" why is it still on the list of essences and the button of it looks 100% ofentical to any other essence except for the small "in use" text? It should be hidden with a optional toggle.

6. We can name our monster but how about naming ourselves?

7. The item description for some fruit vendor items are sort of criptic "apple seed plant in sand it might grow" to annew player i am ????

8. When my monster levels up there is a very fast "flash" that tells me +stats how much and before i can even read it dissapears to just the base current stats - the +stats for leveling dissapear in 2 deconds! Please change this as i think many players do eant to actually read the stats progression in detail.

9. My first entry to colloseum i was under impression i will face other real players and i got destroyed by the blue tanged caster enemy who kept summoning pets. I didn't feel bad thinking ok i am lvl 1 he is lvl 5 but later i got a quest to defeat him and only after beating him did i realize that was a NPC bot. Perhaps make that more clear as peoples first impression of PvP should be clearly stated because as it is now players may get discouraged early and quit on the game without giving it a chance.

10. The net. I don't know how else to say this but i feel it really does take away from the action. Perhaps allow us an alternative item path to the catching net like "catchers bag" which will have a smaller % chance to catch but allow us to focus on killing and not worry about net cooldown or enemy health. This to me would be amazing as i really do not enjoy the break in action as i negotiate enemy health and pray for sucessful catch every 5 seconds. The alternative item would let you catch one at much smaller % chance for example 5% vs 70%

11. The various parts for the monster, head, torso, leg etc... After a while i have many of these parts but hard to tell what is common and what isn't- so far i found one item with a "star" next to name ? I have no idea what is common unless i go to store merchant and go to his sell page.

12. This one is huge to me: playing in colloseum and losing u get no reward AND your health is at 0 when you exit... This is such a no no to me because i play games more for the PvP aspect and it just doesn't seem fair to get no reward AND get punished by leaving with no HP win or lose...

13. Please consider adding a visual effect on the center of town fountain when it is ready to heal my monster for free.

14. Please consider allowing us to sort essences by type? Who do i have to click through one by one all of the essences i have for each piece (head, chest, leg etc) every time if i want just the Energy ones to be filtered our for example?

15. I often click Pause when i am swapping to punch melee. Any way to space them out a little? Or allow us to move HUD buttons around as we see fit. Perhaps even a full page map screen or just a more clear map squares- for example some squares lead to other square in a particular direction and other squares or rooms if u will are not connected together even though they are adjecent.

16. Wish there was a more clear tutorial in game regarding skills and what type of stat affects which type of skills, for example Energy affects casting skills, is it same for pets? Just not sure this detailed info

I truly hope the above feedback is well received as i am trying to be constructive. I hope it would help those first moments and first impressions with a few changes. I do truly understand you guys have a priority list and need to focus on the most bang for your time put in but this intro is just something that i feel could be a better transition. I own evety one of your games and know how much love and support you guys put in so hope the above suggestion finds it's way to your do list for game improvements.

Love u guys and to thank you for your hard work i spent an additional $10 in game purchase to help support you.

Keep up the great work. If i ever hit the lottery I would bankroll you guys ! ;)

17. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Loving the game so far! Excellent style I like to see from you guys :)
    The only little things that annoy me are
    1. Refer to Chaos Prodigy's last post, and
    2. I know it's not a wait timer, but it can be really annoying waiting for my monsters hp to regenerate.

Also, anyone know how long the well takes to recharge?
    And also, when I got my first monster I accidentally exited the game, and when I went back in it was by default 'nameless'. Is there a way to rename monsters?
    Lastly, because of that last little incident, I reset the game, and talked to NPCs. I didn't think they would say anything different, but the 'random info' guy said something with a '3' in it, and I think it was something to do with the 'mystery merchant' or whatever. Does anyone know what I missed there?

18. ChaosProdigy

ChaosProdigy Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
    #398 ChaosProdigy, Oct 10, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
    Duivs hope u don't mind i will try to answer your questions below next to each of your questions.

Also, anyone know how long the well takes to recharge? It looks to be about 30 min

And also, when I got my first monster I accidentally exited the game, and when I went back in it was by default 'nameless'. Is there a way to rename monsters? - yes on monster page tap the monster and on the essence selector page tap the name "nameless" it also flashes "tap to rename" next to name

Lastly, because of that last little incident, I reset the game, and talked to NPCs. I didn't think they would say anything different, but the 'random info' guy said something with a '3' in it, and I think it was something to do with the 'mystery merchant' or whatever. Does anyone know what I missed there? - He said Marek the essence merchant (bottom left of town) gets new essences every 3 hours to keep things fresh. U can buy 1 star level essence for 1500 gold so save up so u don't miss our. Also- Not sure but another random reply says there is a Mysterious merchant in town once in a while but he is hard to find. I'm sure we will figure it out in time.

19. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Ok thanks chaos :)
    Just one more question- is the guy in the very bottom of the village under the tree a baby?

And just a note to Foursaken- I completely understand that the game has just been released, but I would just like to point out that my frame rate often drops for about 5 seconds when entering the meadow or when there are multiple things happening on the screen. My game also crashed just a few minutes ago, except I think that is possibly the new iOS' versions fault

20. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Ok, just a follow up to my last posts- the message guy finally repeated himself, and I found out that the essence dealer changes his stock every 3 hours.
    Also, my game is crashing a lot now. Often when there is a boss in the area, or I use 'burrow', or I use an item. This makes all my exploring and everything I collected a waste of time.
    The game does NOT multitask. If you exit the app for a few seconds and go back in it will restart the app, which is annoying.
    And how does one get more monsters? Do you buy them? Do you get them as you progress? Do you capture them?

To those who have miraculously not bought this game yet, it is absolutely amazing, I'm just being very picky and trying to root out bugs.