iPhone Do you Think a Jigsaw Puzzle and an Adventure Game can Mix?

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by AlphonseHa, Feb 26, 2013.

1. AlphonseHa

AlphonseHa Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Montreal
    #1 AlphonseHa, Feb 26, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
    Hey guys, we are an indie team from Montreal, Canada and we are super excited about a new tablet game that we are working on. We are new here and love the discussions around the forum, we would love to hear what you think about what we are working on.

We believe that traditional jigsaw puzzles can be so much more than just putting pieces together. We like the idea of rebuilding an image or even an adventure. We want to make an ‘unordinary’ game with jigsaw puzzles where you have to rebuild a weird and wacky world to pursue your epic adventure.

Something like a jigsaw puzzle adventure.

It’s called: Puzzle Axe. It’s a game that we think would appeal to families and kids of 6 years and over.

It’s the story of a powerful axe that allows you to destroy and rebuild worlds in a jigsaw puzzle way. In the adventure, you stumble on many monsters, travel through weird and dangerous places and solve mischievous puzzles during the entire game.

Here are some images of the Puzzle Axe characters:

Andylion, the main character with the Puzzle Axe:
    [​IMG]

What do you think of the concept?

2. Mousey

Mousey Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Sounds like a great idea. I like the main character, if all the graphics / animation are up to that standard then great - but obviously playability is king.

I know I'd enjoy a puzzle / adventure mash-up, but my wife would probably enjoy it even more. Go for it! :)

3. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    If a pinball adventure game can work I believe this will :)

4. AlphonseHa

AlphonseHa Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Montreal
    Great! Thank you for your feedback! It is great to know.

We will be posting more images of the game and will have a gameplay video up very soon!

5. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Need testers?

6. PierreNilsson

PierreNilsson Member

Dec 15, 2012
    Looks great! The idea is really interesting and unique, I would surely play such a game. Good luck!

7. AlphonseHa

AlphonseHa Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Montreal
    #7 AlphonseHa, Feb 26, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
    After working so hard, it is very gratifying to hear positive feedbacks!

Here are more images of the world of Puzzle Axe:

The Puzzle Axe Forest, destroy evil trees and use their pieces to build the happy trees.
    [​IMG]

The Puzzle Axe Dungeon
    [​IMG]

Keep the comments coming, good or bad!
    Game play coming very soon!!!

8. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Ok now I would love to play this.

9. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    I like the environments.. Now, I'm curious about the gameplay... I wish that environment not the pic for jigsaw model.. :p
    May be you can use jigsaw gameplay as attacking mode for the gameplay...
    ps: sorry for my bad English.

10. AlphonseHa

AlphonseHa Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Montreal
    You asked, you shall receive. Here is a quick preview of the game play!

What do you think?

11. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    that's nice...may be you can add some RPG element or some power ups for this game.. :)

12. AlphonseHa

AlphonseHa Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Montreal
    That's a great idea! I don't know how we can insert that in the game that we currently have, but I will definitely pass the word to the production team!

Thanks!

13. thudoi

thudoi Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Support ios 5.01?

14. AlphonseHa

AlphonseHa Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Montreal
    Yes it will!

15. Carados

Carados Member

Feb 23, 2013
    The art looks lovely. I like it, but will there be levels of difficulty (smaller and more pieces, etc)?

16. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Looks really cool. First coming to mind would be to search around for pieces of the puzzle. I dunno if that is your vision but that's kind of what I see what I see those shots. Definitely a game I will keep an eye on

17. AlphonseHa

AlphonseHa Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Montreal
    Thank you! Yes, there will be levels of difficulty. It won't be so much in the more or smaller pieces, that will only be part of it, but more in the mechanics of how to solve the puzzle, for instance, how to get the jigsaw puzzle to light up or what you have to do to have access to more pieces so that you can finish the jigsaw puzzle.

Thank you! We really appreciate the great feedback! Our vision is in that line. Not exactly that but you will have to "unlock" your pieces of the puzzle indeed.

18. AlphonseHa

AlphonseHa Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Montreal
    Hey guys!

Do you have Facebook? We just opened the page not too long ago but we will be posting a lot more starting today!

Like our page and you will get an exclusive look behind the making of Puzzle Axe like sketches or the characters' story.

http://www.facebook.com/PuzzleAxe

We are also on Twitter: http://twitter.com/PuzzleAxe. We will be using Twitter like our personal chat device to have more of a direct conversation with people!

If you have more suggestions, questions, comment, critiques, feedback, love, keep them coming! The team is super excited whenever they hear something. A lot of the suggestions have been very well received!

19. AlphonseHa

AlphonseHa Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Montreal
    I am currently trying to assemble as much relevant content as possible, especially with the GDC around the corner.

What would you like to know or see from the game?

20. AlphonseHa

AlphonseHa Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Montreal