How do you find match 3 game?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by digitalfrogmkt, Mar 5, 2012.

1. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany

hehe yeah blur effects do not really count for anything , especially not on a still image :D

as for outsourcing, well yes this would create someone who want to be paid.. or you find someone who partners up on a revenue share..

of course people rather get paid if they know anything off the market since its hard to cash in on the store even with quality.
    so you'd rather earn a few k than to dream about imaginary millions :)

@rubicon:

thnx for the numbers..

2. Rubicon

Rubicon Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Lead Programmer, Chief Bottlewasher
    Isle of Wight, UK
    You're welcome.

I agree with contracting art. We're lucky enough to have a good guy who's happy to work on a cut, largely because he's done well out of Great Little War Game.

I reckon if I needed to pay upfront for the art in Fruit Blitz I could get it done for about $500. Even with my numbers above this title is hardly making us stellar income, but it's covering sums like that art bill fortnightly, so would've been money well spent.

3. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    Monster Flip is out now, so our latest match 3 title will be testing some of the advice and insight in the thread.

Seems to be off to a good start and drifting up the charts though we do have a lot of promotion and Apple features behind it.