Lead Jungle - 2D squad based RTS.

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by AstroLizard, Nov 30, 2013.

1. AstroLizard

AstroLizard New Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Kiev
    #1 AstroLizard, Nov 30, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
    Hello guys, my name is Valentine and I'm a part of the three man indie team. I'm happy to present you our upcoming 2D squad based RTS called Lead Jungle™.
    Our game is all about guiding a squad of 4 elite commandos through dangerous jungle, full of natural and unnatural hazards. Each squad member possesses unique skills and weapons set, and serves its own tactical role. In terms of gameplay Lead Jungle is something like a Commandos + General Chaos + Plants Vs Zombies.

Here are our debut trailer and screenshots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lead Jungle features list:

• -Over 40 levels in main Story mode, full of unpredictable plot twists and hilarious moments.
    • -Two additional gameplay modes. “Challenge” full of tricky puzzles and “Lasts Stand” where your squad is faced against overwhelming odds.
    • -Unlockable different uniforms that change your soldiers skills, weapons, squad roles and adds enormous replay value.
    • -Day and night cycle, semi-destructible environment, death traps, tons of guns, bloodthirsty enemies, stealth kills etc.

Our team has been developing Lead Jungle for more than a year. We are planing to release our game for Ios, Android and PC in early 2014. Also we have a development blog which we update on monthly basis, at leadjunglegame.blogspot.com plus facebook and twitter.

We would be really happy to hear your opinions about our game. Do you like graphics? What do you think about setting? Are our characters distinctive enough? Would you buy it? :)

Thanks for your time.
    Cheers, Valentine.

2. SirHanet

SirHanet Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Halifax
    Beta Test?

Hi!, I am interested in this game and I would love to test out the game so will there be a beta test of sorts?

3. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    RTS? Stealth kills? Count me in!

Btw, I like your company name (;

4. AstroLizard

AstroLizard New Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Kiev
    Thanks for you interest in helping make our game better. :) To tell you the truth, we don't know yet how we going to do beta testing, but if we will need testers we will definitely write you.

Thank you for you kind words. :)

5. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Do you know if this will be a premium title?

6. prasantha60

prasantha60 Well-Known Member

look interesting good luck man

7. AstroLizard

AstroLizard New Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Kiev
    It's hard to tell what the final price will be. But I assure you the price will not be 10$ or 20$. We are aiming at regular App Store price range.

Thanks a lot.

8. Reticule

Reticule Active Member

Apr 17, 2012
    This is all polished as hell. Good stuff.

I'd say that damage/combat reaction animations would be cool; if someone's hit with a shotgun they double up or fall to one knee or simply pop back a pace or something? But as it is now it still looks fantastic, and creating new frames for all the different weapon impacts would be . . . time-consuming.

There's probably a very simple reason for not doing this that I've missed :D

9. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    Looks hot. I'll be watching this ;)

10. master lee

master lee Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    Count me in this Game looks Awesome!

11. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Great game!

12. AstroLizard

AstroLizard New Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Kiev
    Hello again Reticule! ;) Thank you for your feedback, it's really pleasant for us that you liked our game and found the time to write us.
    Not having hit animations is not a problem, it's our game-design decision. And it's a common decision in RTS games (Company of Heroes 2, Starcraft 2, DOTA etc.) In regular RTS only really powerful units from very powerful attacks can force enemies to perform hit animations of some sort, for example knock backs.
    Common decision (not to have hit animations) exists because units will stuck in hit animations when they are receiving damage from weapons with high rate of fire. Sometimes to stuck the unit it's enough to play hit animation from weapons with even medium rate of fire, when 2 or 3 enemies firing at our soldier simultaneously or vice versa.
    Usually hit animations can be found in RTS where units have low attack speed and few units are simultaneously on screen. But that's not the case with our game, so our characters blink with red color to show the player that they were hit.
    Also currently we discussing addition of hit animations from heavy weapons, such as mines, grenades, rocket lunches - weapons with massive damage and very low fire rate. So we will follow your advice to some degree. :D

Nice to hear this, and we have a lot more things to show you. ;)
    Thanks a lot, we are happy that you liked it. :D
    Thank you. :)