Welcome to Die!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by kijib, Jan 28, 2010.

?

Coke or Pepsi

Poll closed Jan 29, 2014.
  1. Coke

50 vote(s)
    14.9%
  2. Pepsi

16 vote(s)
    4.8%
  1. jacksoncombs

jacksoncombs Well-Known Member

#6261 jacksoncombs, Jul 30, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
    Dude! Come on dude, everyone has their opinions but your gonna get flammed so bad, you need to chill ok

2. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    There is no proof he is real nor fake. So this thread is a lie and so is the cake ;)

3. StarCraftIsGreat

StarCraftIsGreat Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2010
    This thread amuses me.

4. mrchennyken

mrchennyken Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    OP is just asking to be flamed.

5. jacksoncombs

So what if you have all your faith in him and he really isn't real, then what? Do you go to hell or what happens?

6. Mew2468

Mew2468 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    I don't think anybody or anything exicists.

7. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    Duh.

8. Registeel

Registeel Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2010
    God is a pie.

9. CaptainAwesome

CaptainAwesome Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Student
    The Island of Berk
    Well, since religion generally refers to hell as the opposite end of the spectrum from God in terms of where you go, I would say that hell would end up not existing either if God did not exist.

10. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Sweet. Religion. The one thing everyone can agree on. After politics, that is.

11. jacksoncombs

So where would you go? Without light there can't be dark right, so if no God means no hell then are you in the middle?

12. ArcheAngel

ArcheAngel Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    #6272 ArcheAngel, Jul 30, 2010
    If you think of god as some button pushing omnipotent controller...well no duh.

Science can answer a lot...all most everything but when the math runs out at the point of origin, science can't & will never answer "why?"

Why in infinite space has a planetary allignment settled into it's own solar system, which has a planet that can produce not only living organisms but humans that build things, love, hurt, destroy, etc...

I'm not religious in any sense but I do think that the above stated has no other answer than god....not a figment but just everything and every reason.

w.h.y=g.o.d

I'm an evolutionist...& I always ask these anti Darwinism people...

"you believe in time right (the human institution, not space time) they say "yes"

I say "you used to be a child now your an adult right?"

They say "yes"

I say "well aren't those two forms of evolution you acknowlage everyday?" "god didn't just make you an adult, it happened over an evolutionary amount if time"

They say "yeah but....but..."

I say "don't worry, I still say "thank god" every now and again"

13. StarCraftIsGreat

StarCraftIsGreat Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2010
    You wouldn't go anywhere...

14. jacksoncombs

!?!?!? I know Theres a place for me up there! It says so in the bible

15. starjimstar

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    What? Darkness is an absence of light, by definition.

16. jacksoncombs

I thought they were opposite

17. ArcheAngel

Jul 6, 2010
    Depends on if it's artificial or natural. Considering it takes so long for the sun's light to reach our spectrum we are always looking through "old light" meaning it left the sun light years ago. (I think it's actually like only a couple if weeks behind actually) but if that light was deminished I think the artificial light we create would yield a different view of what darkness may be. Just a theory I'm smoking ATM so...

18. starjimstar

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    I say again: what?

19. ArcheAngel

Jul 6, 2010
    The bible that was written well after earth & human religion was already established in many different forms.

That book is just an old ass declaration of independence...propaganda to form the basic rules of the society your trying to create.

20. ArcheAngel

Jul 6, 2010
    #6280 ArcheAngel, Jul 30, 2010
    Lol

Told you I was smoking...

The light we see through the sky isn't immediate.... It was "sent" from the sun days or weeks ago before. It takes a great distance for that light to travel so in essence we are always living in the past in terms if space time because we have to wait to see the sun's light...however it doesn't feel that way because it's continuous.

So in theory if the sun went out...not blew up just died...got old and started flickering...and went out. We would still have light for a couple of weeks at least before eventually have all dark days....the day time would end up being less & less day by day because there is still the backend of the last rays that were cast still rippling outward

Now depending on the absence of natural light our visual spectrum may change over time to where dark is no longer dark. Like many animal who can see better at night than in day.