Is Avatar Really Worth the $10?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by highlyrefinedpirate, Dec 29, 2009.

1. highlyrefinedpirate

highlyrefinedpirate Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2009
    I find myself keep coming back to this game and contemplating whether or not to hit the buy button.
    I don't mind paying $10 if it's a good, quality game, but my only problem is that it's Gameloft, and I know the day after I buy it it'll go on sale for $5.

Should I spend the $10, or save it for something else?

(Also, this is my first time posting, so please don't flame me for posting in the wrong section or whatever :D)

2. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

The movie is definitely worth the $10, or even $20 ;)

However, the iPhone game... in my opinion... err... not so much :S

3. Rylin

Rylin Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Avatar was a hit surprise to many who've played it. It's lengthy in terms of game time and well worth the 10 dollars.

4. highlyrefinedpirate

Dec 25, 2009
    Well I love the movie of course, that's why I'm interested in the game :)

And I have N.O.V.A. already.

5. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    I think, the game is fantastic. The longer you play, the more you will fall in love with. Promised. ...and it's even cooler after you've seen the movie and know all the animals, enemies and so on.

6. jxjja

jxjja Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    The game is not so great and it doesnt have any replay value, so if you want to play it again you cant choose the level you want to play, you have to start a whole new campaign.

Get Running With Scissors: Pre-Season, this game is great and it has a lot of replay value and its only $4.99 bucks.

7. Don Kuhns

Don Kuhns Member

Dec 22, 2009
    I was in the same situation. Eventually I did buy the game and didn't regret my decision at all. The problem with apps are that their prices fluctuate so often that you never now when you'll save money or get completely burned. I beat the game in about two days (not nonstop). It's a pretty impressive game if you're into the particular genre. If not, there are boatloads of cool and games out there to buy with $10. I don't think the price of Avatar will go down anytime soon considering the hordes of people that are still buying it. At 10 bucks it's a so-so buy in my opinion. Hope this helps!

8. craighauser

craighauser Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    North Bend, WA
    It is very long with great variation in gameplay. Definitely worth the $10.

9. Spocket

Spocket Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    I've been contemplating buying also, but I think I've decided to wait for a price drop.

10. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    It's the best action/adventure game on the platform. It's also one of the few that's as long as a full console game. Now, by their nature, action/adventure games tend not to have a heck of a lot of replay value (unless they have an online component). But if you like the genre, it's the best option currently available.

11. highlyrefinedpirate

Dec 25, 2009
    Thanks for all the feedback!
    It sounds like at $10, there are some mixed reactions, but with a price drop it'll be an instant buy.

Good thing I have NOVA and JCS to hold me over until then ;)

12. Kartel

Kartel Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    It's only $10.