need suggestions about my game's name

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by fwish, Jan 6, 2010.

?

which one?

1. get smarter

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  2. Rock me einstein

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  3. Brain Balance

23 vote(s)
    88.5%
  4. other, please tell me

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. fwish

fwish Well-Known Member

#1 fwish, Jan 6, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
    hello guys,to think a good english name of game is so hard for non-english guy like me, yes I am a chinese developer.

I mode a very simple game, maybe some of you has tried it .it's all about keep balance, keep the big ball from dropping of the board

the fun part and the challenge part is, the control(no matter tilt or touch)will be reversed in a shart time and then swhich back.

just like this, when you press the right botton, the borad goes up, but when reversed,the same button,the borad goes down
    [​IMG]
    to make it more challenge,I made a few ways to reverse the control,upside down.45 degree,the board become invisible and so on, total 15 ways

and all this things,will need player to think quick,act quick,to figure out what will happen when the button is pressed. so play this game will improve player's reflexes, judgment, patience, and memory.

then a theme come to me.look einstein, the smarttest guy in the world
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

so the name of this little game is "get smarter"

but seems no one show any intersting about it

a friend think out a name for me "Rock me einstein",I like it a lot,and used it as the name when I upload 1.0 version

still, users don't think the name present the game quiet well,then the 1.1 version,the name is Brain Balance,(thanks the advise from PhagoCychotic)

and I just what know, if you think Brain Balance is the best name for it?
    or any suggestion?

thanks a lot

2. Manojalpa

Manojalpa Active Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Game Producer
    Ithaca, NY
    Despite the name I eventually chose for my game, I was always told the title should incorporate the main mechanic/theme of your game. In this case, Brain Balance gives people a much better idea of what's going to happen, and people who want balance games will easily be able to search and find your game. "Get Smarter" just makes me think it's a multiplication crunching game like Brain Age, or an IQ tester. "Rock me Einstein" makes me think of a music game that involves math. Brain Balance... Brain Balance sounds cool/interesting/engaging and I assume it has to do with balance.

Definitely go with Brain Balance, in my opinion :)

3. kohjingyu

kohjingyu Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Student/Developer
    Singapore
    I agree, go with brain balance.

4. quantumsheep

quantumsheep Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    The Head Cheese, Top Dog, Numero Uno Honcho, Quant
    London
    Relative Balance
    Brain Level
    Brain Theory

You can have those for free ;)

5. fwish

fwish Well-Known Member

thanks a lot,so be it:D

6. fwish

fwish Well-Known Member

I post this game's info in TA,

when I use name get smarter, viewer :921

Rock Me Einstein , viewer : 368

Brain Balance , viewer:ONLY 61 :(

but the poll said you like this name most

I really confused:confused::confused:

7. Syndicated Puzzles

Syndicated Puzzles Well-Known Member

Fwish,

What ever you do don't have the name Einstein any where on this app. The "Einstein Estate'' will make sure your app is removed and they will seek damages. The images are risky enough. The estate still holds a copyright.

8. doomeister

doomeister Active Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    San Diego, CA
    Yes, I agree.. probably better to just use a cartoon character that resembles a scientist

9. doomeister

doomeister Active Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    San Diego, CA
    How about... "Tease My Brain" It calls for an action.

It makes me think of "The Moron Test" game that did pretty well. A very short lived app that everyone has to "try" at least once. The name teases people to take it. And its done pretty well where you can't help but share it with everyone else. Hence lots of sales.

10. YmirMobile

YmirMobile Active Member

Maybe Brain Teaser? I liked the suggestion Tease my brain. Brain Balamnce sounds also nice.

11. fwish

fwish Well-Known Member

thanks,I have already changed the name of this game

12. fwish

fwish Well-Known Member

thanks , now I will stick to brain balance,tease my brain seems no diffenerce than get smarter, make users think it's brain age kind game:)

13. troublewithtribbles

Aug 16, 2009
    How about LevelHead?