The Juggles - A new game about juggling furry creatures!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Digital Panda Studios, May 16, 2013.

1. #1 Digital Panda Studios, May 16, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
    Hey guys, were Digital Panda Studios and this is our new game ‘The Juggles’

The Juggles is an upcoming puzzle/strategy/reaction arcade style game for the iOS and Android platforms. The Juggles features simplistic core gameplay elements mixed in with challenging stages to achieve a game that is accessible to players of all skill but allows for higher skilled players to excel.

Features:
    • Simple tap controls
    • Cute and recognizable ‘juggle’ characters
    • A wide range of customization for your Juggles
    • Available across a range of platforms and devices
    • Lots of phases to keep gameplay fresh and interesting
    • Score multipliers and bonus stages
    • Experience and leveling system

Juggling in the game is a comfortable balance of easy to pick up but difficult to master, juggling only requires a simple tap on a ‘juggle’ to send them flying back into the air. A juggling line is established about a quarter of the way from the bottom of the screen with the experience bar, juggles can only be click below that line (this is to stop people spam clicking anywhere on screen)

The aim of the game is simple, don’t run out of lives and get the highest score possible. Lives are lost when you drop a juggle. The main gameplay is broken up into 3 parts, action phases, rest phases and bonus stages. Action phases introduce new elements to the gameplay which changes how the 'juggles' are manipulated and move, with rest phases being a small break in between action phases. The bonus stages are randomized events that give the player an opportunity to build up more points without the fear of loosing a life.

Here's a few screenshots from an alpha build so there's a high chance of things being changed and improved, and feel free to ask question if there's anything you would like to know or leave suggestions on what you think could be added to make this game even better!

Thanks DPS

***EDIT***

THE JUGGLES HAS BEEN RELEASED AND IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD ON ANDROID AND iOS!

iOS Download: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-juggles/id662934371?ls=1&mt=8

Android Download: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.digitalpandastudios.jugglesrelease&hl=en_GB

Check out our release trailer below :D

[​IMG]
    **Edited pictures so there not so massive!**

2. Hey guys, Just a little preview of some of the costumes which will be available in the game!

A quick question for you guys aswell, if we were to implement themed holiday costumes (Halloween and Christmas and what not,) what kind of costumes would you like to see? And in general what kind of costume would you like to see put into the game? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks

3. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

What make you impression with it? Because this trailer not show to me how the challenge?

4. I'm not 100% sure on what your question is but i'm guessing its to do with how is the gameplay challenging and why don't we have a proper gameplay video yet?

The game features different obstacles that affect the 'juggles' making it more challanging so the players have to react quicker to sudden momentum and direction changes. For example we have a 'pinball' style phase where bounce pads are randomly positioned on the screen, when a juggle bumps into one it quickly fires it off in the opposite direction it hit.

And I know we don't have a full gameplay video yet but i'm currently working hard on one so everyone can get a much better idea of how the game will play.

5. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

Thanks you, I will trying when it release. Hope it good.

6. Hey guys, I've edited the main post to include a new video we've made, i hope you enjoy it :)

7. Just a little update on some more UI additions! This is the mock up of our trait select screen, this will appear before the game starts. The icons are finished but the image behind the numbers and the number placement are still placeholder.

[​IMG]

8. A teaser of one of the special costumes were adding in!

[​IMG]

9. Made an edit in the main post to announce the release of the app! Also Changed the video to show the release trailer.