Where are all the baseball games?

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Jensen, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Jensen

Jensen Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    With the baseball season fast approaching, I'm surprised not to hear a peep about any new baseball games out for iPhone forthe 2010 season. IMO the existing crop is pretty bad. Anyone have intel on upcoming baseball games? All I know about is Freeverse's Flick Baseball which has been 'upcoming' for a while and might not even be released now since the acquisition.

2. BlazeX444

BlazeX444 Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL
    wrong section im sure, but gamevil has a baseball game, search for 'baseball superstars'

3. therhino

therhino Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Georgia
    Yeah I would like some cool baseball games too, they don't have to be MLB either, I would rather have something will great customization, season mode, and a tournament mode. Right now I'm playing Power Pros which is a highly underrated game, but it doesn't have playoff or tournament mode so that's my only real gripe about it.

The ultimate though would be for Blue Castle to make The Bigs 2 for the iPhone, that would be an awesome game for the portable platform.

4. strato g

strato g Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    I agree that the app store is lacking in hardcore baseball titles. The top titles right now are Power Pros, Derek Jeter Real Baseball and Homerun Battle, which isn't a full scale game. All of these are under rated. I would like to see Take 2 Interactive bring 2K Baseball to the app store, as well as 2K Basketball.

5. matthewwhatever

matthewwhatever Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2010
    government
    Ottawa, Canada
    This sounds like it would be an awesome idea. I hated The Bigs for Wii (too cartoony for my tastes - I'm much more into realism when it comes to sports games), but its style of gameplay seems like something that would translate well to the iPod...The Bigs would probably come across a lot better in short, 10-15 minute bursts...

6. therhino

therhino Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Georgia
    Yeah and with the homerun pinball minigame it would be amazing, Blue Castle is a great company and since The Bigs 3 isn't coming out till mid 2011 maybe they could do it, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

7. Patriots1223

Patriots1223 Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Homerun battle

Homerun battle is freaking amazing. The online matchup code is great. Sure the game isn't perfect, but it's the best baseball game I've played.

8. All-Eyez-On-Me

All-Eyez-On-Me Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2010
    They should make 'MLB 11 The Show' for iPhone.