NOVA 3 - Gameloft

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by lord-sam, Apr 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    #181 WCFields, Apr 30, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
    i agree with you on that, sometimes we forget that quite a few players ARE JUST DAMNED GOOD, LOLavi being 1 of them ( he's very humble also)

2. Whiteplayer3d

Whiteplayer3d Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2010
    Czech Republic
    iPod Touch 4G is dead :(

3. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Woot! Vehicles in multiplayer. So sick

4. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

When you guys complain about hacking problems, how bad was it really? I mean, was it difficult to find a game without hackers or did it just happen often enough that it was annoying?

5. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    If you are talking about MC3 problems, I would select option b) it just happen often enough that it was annoying, but there were some days when almost every match had its own hacker. The main problem is that there are a lot of different hackers: godspeed, unlimited ammo, always headshots, infinite missiles + invisible, unlimited credits, etc., and Gameloft released the update to fix this problem six months after the game's release. Well, and it was only temporaly.

6. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    Maybe it's the servers I join, or I haven't ever played against a hacker besides when it first came out when they got unlimited money to buy bombers, airstrikes etc.

7. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #187 Rip73, Apr 30, 2012
    Last edited: May 1, 2012
    Previous to the original upgrade that blocked hacking initially, the hacking was rampant. It was literally virtually impossible to find a game with less than 4 hackers in it.
    They hacked with one shot kills, military support spamming (calling in bomber after bomber in a row), unlimited ammo, invulnerability, invisibility, no reload, infinite rpg ammo with no reload gap, speed hack, xp hack and gold hack.
    The game, for me at least became unplayable and I was in the first ten to reach the top rank so I had a lot of time invested in it.
    Plus it was hacked about two days after release. Initially you'd leave a game with a hacker in it but after a while every game had at least one hacker but generally had about 4 or 5 if it was a full game. The only way to play became turning off military support and hosting private matches. Gave it up at that stage.
    Went back to it for a while after the update because it solved the military support spamming hack. But then the one shot kill, infinite ammo and military support without meeting the killchain requirements are well and truly back into it. For example, I played about 30 odd games over the weekend and every single one had a one shot kill hacker. And no, they weren't just very good because I myself am very good and killed them easily.
    The sure sign of a hacker is that they just dissapear when you kill them or the camera swings away from them when you kill them at the same time that you die. Easiest way to know is that there is no body on the ground when you kill them
    In short response, basically the hacking totally ruined the online element. There is, for me anyway, no such thing as any match without a hacker, unless you are very lucky.

Edit: for those that doubt me, i have well over 400 hours of gameplay put in to the multiplayer so I do know what I'm talking about.

8. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    #188 Johnny101, Apr 30, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
    Well popular games like Mc2 and Mc3 do have a fair share of hackers. You can usually spot them, running circles ( lightning fast) speed hack, or the one shot kill, and there's the hack where you empty a clip into them and their still alive.

You can find hack free games available in both Modern combat 2 and 3. It isn't that hard. You know when a hacker is in the game. That's when you immediately leave (or do the classy thing by teabagging them and then leave) I mentioned in an earlier post that both of these games are too good to abandon. Maybe they'll do another hack patch in the future. It would also be nice if Gameloft improved the security for Nova 3 but unfortunately that will probably be hacked in the future.

9. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    You are indeed very lucky and I wish I could say the same because I did love the game.
    It must be something to do with the servers.
    I basically deleted the game after the matches I had at the weekend because couldn't get one without a hacker, again.

I sincerely hope it doesn't happen with NOVA 3 though because I do need a replacement fps and it does look the business.

10. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    The first and only time I tried multiplayer in NOVA 2, someone kept one-shot killing me with a pistol almost the moment I spawned. I assume it was a hacker.

11. paulm12

paulm12 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2009
    school
    ummm Cali
  12. BirkusTheGreat

BirkusTheGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    tdvtcluyvtiubltgilb fingers...numb..in shock..can't type...jyhfvufy..wow

13. handintoaster

handintoaster Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Jet packs in multplayer is gonna be a blast

14. MartiNZ

MartiNZ Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Non-Freemium - wow does this mean we can start to believe in Gameloft again?

15. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Well, seemedly, the iap will be similar to MC3. That is a good thing because you didn't have to buy or grind away to get progress in the single or the multi player.
    That alone has sorta restored my faith in Gameloft.
    And they have always made some very good good shooters for iOS.
    So all in, graphics, gameplay, premium (not), some iap elements but not obtrusive, means they actually listened to their long term customers.
    I've basically bought all their games on iOS but gave up on them when freemium became their way but shark dash and this are sorta changing my mind.

16. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Why couldn't that guy aim down the sights, or use the push, freeze, or time stop abilities? Other than that, really cool. Can't wait for this game, hopefully i'll get my iPad 3 beforehand

17. iNexus

iNexus Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2010
    The Great White North
    one thing i dont like about gameloft games is that in every game the colors are so saturated they look unrealistic and distracting. the graphics looks like its been through an instagram filter...

18. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    To be fair it looks absolutely awesome.
    The graphics look top notch and the trail from the rpg is cool.
    The explosions look great as well and if you look at the enemy when they get blown up the physics look top notch. I'm not sure if it's rag doll physics but if it's not it's pretty close.
    Even if the multiplayer does get hacked, which hopefully it wont or at least hopefully updates will sort it out when it does, it still looks like it'll have to be bought for the single player alone. Multiplayer will be the icing on the cake.
    Damn it, it's still an instabuy simply to encourage premium games rather than freemium.

19. Taytay

Taytay Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    why do i have a funny feeling this is going to release the same week that resistance burning skies is releasing on the ps vita & i think thats the 25th ,but it doesnt matter both my vita & my 4s will be shooter happy this may, i also wonder if this will release the same day on android also cause this would be great on my xperia play