Night Whisper Lane Promo Code Contest

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by EPX, Oct 28, 2012.

1. bennehftw

bennehftw Active Member

Jun 28, 2011
    ooo wow, haha a crib, that's awesome. Yeah that'd be pretty cool to have something like that. But thanks for liking the idea :p, I'm not sure what kind of contest to do really, but things like creating your own scenario's from the public can net tons of interesting idea's that the devs can use that they may not have thought of. You can't honestly go wrong with asking for something like that.

But yeah I knew the contest was over I just wanted to put my two cents in :p, it's all in good fun. I hope the game becomes a success.

2. EPX

EPX Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Game Developer @ EPX Games
    Canada
    bennehftw, its never too late to submit a idea, and since i liked it so much, you just won a FREE Promo Code, check your private message.

well getting idea's for new traps and surprises for the game is always good. Honestly the last contest winners were all helpful in getting me feedback for the game. which is something thats hard to get.

Everyone seems to be enjoying the game so far, let me know your thoughts, and dont forget to check out the new trailer for 1.0.1 and it also features a sneak peak at 1.0.2

From the start of the game i did mention that all future scenarios will be FREE the only thing that will cost money will be items from In App Purchases. More on that at a later time.

3. bennehftw

bennehftw Active Member

Jun 28, 2011
    oh snap, thanks!

And sure thing, I'll check it out after work.

:) can't wait!

4. EPX

EPX Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Canada
    your welcome.

can;t wait to hear your feedback on the game.

people start sending in your ideas for a contest, contest ends tomorrow at 9pm.

We have many promo codes to give out :)

5. EPX

EPX Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Canada
    #125 EPX, Nov 7, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
    Contest submissions close at 9PM Eastern time, thats just under 7 hours left.

submit your idea for a chance to win a promo code for Night Whisper Lane

currently we have two ideas from GreySkull, and here they are

1)Post a screencap from a room in the mansion...the creepier the room the better. Ask entrants to insert something (you'de have to post a screencap that fits within TA's file size constraints) that you would least expect to find in a dark, creepy, and downright homicidal mansion. Bunnies with pancakes on their head? Ceiling cat watching you masturbate? Dramatic chipmonk? How about some original work? This way TA members can score a free game while showing off their creativity and artistic (or lack of) skills!

2). That scream at the beginning of the trailer has been stuck in my head since I first watched the video in the release thread. How asking for entrants' best death screams-gurgles-last words? You could link them to the thread through Soundcloud.

6. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Did you ever watch American horror story?

7. EPX

EPX Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Canada
    Bramblett05, i got around to watching the first episode for season 2, i did enjoy the aliens twist to the show.

Tonight im watching the 2nd and 3rd episodes.

I dont like the mothersuperior character, then again i hated mother superior ever since "Silent Night Deadly Night" it sucks in part 2 that she didn't get killed either.

8. EPX

EPX Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Canada
    does anyone know how to edit the title / subject of this contest ? i want to rename it to contest # 2

9. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    edit, Go advanced edit. usure if the title will change in the header listing if thead is older?

might be best to create a new thead/contest. btw what's the new contest about? (missed it) seems like its "Create an idea for a new contest"?

10. EPX

EPX Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Canada
    mrbiggles,

well the first part is create a contest up to 3 winners and then the contest will start tomorrow and it will have up to 5 winners :)

thanks for the info, i tried the advanced and no options. I guess ill post the new contest in the forum tommorow :)

11. EPX

EPX Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Canada
    here are the current ideas, both are from GreySkull

1)Post a screencap from a room in the mansion...the creepier the room the better. Ask entrants to insert something (you'de have to post a screencap that fits within TA's file size constraints) that you would least expect to find in a dark, creepy, and downright homicidal mansion. Bunnies with pancakes on their head? Ceiling cat watching you masturbate? Dramatic chipmonk? How about some original work? This way TA members can score a free game while showing off their creativity and artistic (or lack of) skills!

2). That scream at the beginning of the trailer has been stuck in my head since I first watched the video in the release thread. How asking for entrants' best death screams-gurgles-last words? You could link them to the thread through Soundcloud.

12. bennehftw

bennehftw Active Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Nice mesh of genre's. I got pretty into the story from the begining. Combat is pretty fun, but also funny honestly. That is to say, I'm a pretty big fan of games just like this so :p. I'm biased

13. EPX

EPX Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Canada
    #133 EPX, Nov 7, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
    bennehftw,

im really glad you enjoyed the game, wait till 1.0.2 update is released. It will fix the difficulty of the game. Now when you die from any trap , you start over from the beginning. But thats changed in 1.0.2 , you will start just before activating the trap.

2. we have added a in game map into the status bar , in case people get lost, we also put coloured borders on the doors to let you know what key you need to get in there.

3. we also added a help / how to play guide on the main menu. alot of people don't know how to play point and click games.

im also glad you found it to funny, and you got the game.

how far did you get into the game?? and how many traps did you activate ???

14. EPX

EPX Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Canada
    ok people less then 2.5 hours to go before the contest is over.

submit your ideas for a chance to win a promo code

15. EPX

EPX Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Canada
    Contest idea submissions are over.

The winner is greySkull and the winning submission is

bennehftw also won a promo code for his idea about the baby.

I will post a new topic called night whisper lane contest 2.

16. EPX

EPX Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Canada
  17. EPX

EPX Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Canada
    Scenario is now complete, its called Boss Rush Mode.

Boss Rush Mode is a sequence of consecutive boss battles as an extra challenge to players. After each of the rounds the player will be awarded extra health and weapons as they prepare for the battles ahead. Weapons are limited in this mode so choose wisely.

I will be using the ideas from this content in a Future version of the game.

The new Contest is here http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=173914