So who's upgrading to the 5s or 5c? Post some pictures!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Fireball926, Sep 22, 2013.

1. SlightReturn

SlightReturn Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    @Infinity, regarding the iWorks apps, it works exactly as simply as you'd expect it to. Just go search for them in the app store, and the prices automatically show free on new devices. Once you start downloading them on the new device, they become available for you in the Cloud and you can then download them for free on all of your other iDevices.

2. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Called a local Best Buy, said they have the model I want but can't hold it, hoping to get up there later, Wish me luck since its my birthday haha

3. SlightReturn

May 15, 2012
    Good luck, and happy birthday!

4. SlightReturn

May 15, 2012
    I didn't think the TouchID feature would be something I would use a great deal. I never had the passcode feature turned on with previous iPhones because the hassle outweighed my security concerns significantly.

But now that I have the 5s, I'm finding the fingerprint scanner to be incredibly useful and functional. It works flawlessly. I set it up to work with both right and left thumbs so I can open it in both hands, and also I set up my right pointer finger for when the phone is laying on table. I haven't had any issues whatsoever getting it to unlock with a print scan. It works great in place of a password in the app store as well.

In about 24 hours of use, I've basically gone from, "meh, don't really need that," to, "wow, I can't wait to get this on my iPad!"

Color me impressed.

5. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    The guy at work decided NOT to purchase my iPhone 5... He can't afford it, and really wants a TV instead. But i told him, It will always be on offer if you decide to take it in the near future.

6. Fireball926

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Was busy last night so I didn't have a chance to come on, made out good at Best Buy! :D

Got $378 for my iPhone 5, so my upgrade was only $165, super happy.

Huge upgrade from the 5

7. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Is there any way to tap the fingerprint sensor instead of pressing the Home Button? Like just tap the sensor to return to my Home Screen?

8. Fireball926

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Nope, I'm actually quite glad there isn't, I feel like I'd be pressing it accidently, not to mention the fact that the home button feels so solid no, no more hollow feeling.